small haul of aged GL Pease today, which should i smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
Hey Brothers! hope your black friday is going as well as mine! i sauntered in to the pipeshop today to get some bullseye flake, and low and behold, a bunch of GL pease and McClelland tins aged from 2004 - 2008. i only grabbed two tins for now, as funds are low, but i got Telegraph Hill and Lombard, both dated to '05! which one should i open up and enjoy today?

I bet that Lombard is ready.

Just out of curiosity, where did you shop? Mac's?

DrumsAndBeer":vb9kroo3 said:
I bet that Lombard is ready.

Just out of curiosity, where did you shop? Mac's?
no, Edwards on Los Altos. great shop, great guys working there and hanging out. and you can smoke inside. they have a few chairs. if you're local they do a pipe club meet on the first Sunday of the month. i haven't been to one yet. also apparently one at the beer bar in Palo Alto as well, but it's at 4pm, and i work 40 miles south, so i'm never home before 6pm. lack of places to sit outside with a cocktail and smoke a pipe. So Lombard, Eh? that one does sound pretty tempting. i've never had either blend, or anything from GL Pease, so i'm pretty pumped. probably bring it to the bluegrass show tonight and smoke one outside.

Unfortunately I don't live locally any more. But I remember Edward's. I can't believe they're still there, especially since most of those older Town and Country malls have gone the way of the dodo or should I say the dozer. Pease tobaccos are lovely. I am sure either would be a great choice, but I am rather partial to his lat offerings.

Never been to Edwards, as I shop exclusively online these days, whenever I'm stocking up. Heard about it for years, though. Maybe I should go in sometime.

On the tobacco, though I'm a day late... you could open either and have a very enjoyable experience. I'd open whichever you're in the mood for. Lombard, if you want a bit of Latakia, or Telegraph Hilll if you want a tickle of perique. Or both, if you want to have them in your rotation for a little while!

planetary":ggyl9elv said:
Never been to Edwards, as I shop exclusively online these days, whenever I'm stocking up. Heard about it for years, though. Maybe I should go in sometime.

On the tobacco, though I'm a day late... you could open either and have a very enjoyable experience. I'd open whichever you're in the mood for. Lombard, if you want a bit of Latakia, or Telegraph Hilll if you want a tickle of perique. Or both, if you want to have them in your rotation for a little while!
Edwards is great, but online is cheaper. i prefer to spend extra money to support a local business and to have the knowledge of people available to me. not to mention an indoor place to smoke when the weather turns!

I just went by there today and spoke to Rick. Man my casual trip to the store to hopefully turn up a few aged tins, turned into a fantastic 45 minute conversation with one of the nicest most knowledgeable pipers I have ever met.

When all was said and done, I turned up a few 6-7 year old tins and had a great time too boot. I highly recommend their shop if you happen to be in the area. :D

Open up the McC tins YOU DIDN'T BUY :twisted: ( you have something against ketchup ? :twisted: :twisted: )