Small trip in June

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I'll be out and about in the Mountain View, California area for the afternoon/evening of June 24th,and the afternoon/evening of June 25th. I have an in-person interview with Google that week!

Mejoshee may be the expert on B&M's out there, but does anyone else have an idea of what shops I could look for? I'd like to have a nice smoke overlooking the bay while I'm out there. :)

Edward's Pipe Shop on San Antonio Road is a cool little place. You can smoke in there too.

Get a sandwich at Dittmer's Gourmet Meats while you are there, (same shopping center).

I'd recommend Edwards too, although I haven't been there in ages.
The only other one on my list would be Mission Pipe Shop on The Alameda in San Jose. They also have a smoking lounge.

Good luck on your interview!

I got nothing in the way of Pipe shops, but good luck on the interview!

DUDE!! That's sweet. Although, if you choose to live in CA, don't blame me if you go crazy after a while. Still, good luck with the interview.

DrumsAndBeer":xwrgn3zg said:
eklektos44":xwrgn3zg said:
OK, wrong thread... :oops:
I thought you were going for some bizarre stream of conscious post. :p
Yes, I seem to have been distracted, or age is getting to me... :shock:

BTW, Bob, good luck with the interview! :)

Thank you all for the encouragement and suggestions! I'll have to sneak away for a bit while I'm there it looks like :)

Ocelot, whether or not I get the job and move to CA is not the deal behind this, I'm just not dumb enough to turn down a free trip to San Francisco. :D When a company says they'll cover your plane ticket, hotel, rental car, and up to 35 bucks/day in meals for an interview, you certainly don't say no.

Dont forget to visit the Computer History Museum out on N Shoreline Blvd if you get a chance (I assume if you're going to Google you're a techie). It's great. Good luck with the interview.

If you are a hardware guy prepare to spend some serious time there. I think it took me three hours and some of it I just glossed over. The early storage devices (before spinning platters) is fascinating.

Have fun! By a shirt! Donate your Sinclair ZX! (oops, aging myself there).

Good Luck Warlock!  

Whatever your motivation be ready to be wowed.  

Besides there's nothing wrong with Cali as long as you don't like Guns, Tobacco, free flowing traffic, sanity, etc etc.

And texasbeardcompany.com ships so you'd even have that base covered.