Smoke on the Water

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoolish

Reaction score
I know you all know Richard Friedman, our own yachtexplorer. He is a fantastic guy and I thought I would share with you an awesome opportunity that he just told me about.

I've always loved being on the water, but never really had the chance to experience it to its maximum potential. Thanks to Richard, though, I might finally have that chance.

Check out some information about Richard's Pipers' Cruise here .

Just so you know, other than thinking highly of Richard, I have no business affiliation!

thefoolish":q8r9ggv9 said:
Kyle Weiss":q8r9ggv9 said:
Thank you for using "myriad" correctly. 8)
Always nice to meet another grammar nut!
I enjoy learning, and I'm far from perfect--a good formula for improving skills! It's sad I have to point out my appreciation for correct usage these days. :lol:

As for your post, I wish I wasn't tied down with the opportunity I have for my work. Otherwise, I'd punk-rock it out, throw caution to the wind and add to my list of experiences yet again. Yachts with fine pipe folk? Sounds awesome!

Obviously, you'll have the chance. Timing is everything.

Kyle Weiss":noxo6n35 said:
thefoolish":noxo6n35 said:
Kyle Weiss":noxo6n35 said:
Thank you for using "myriad" correctly. 8)
Always nice to meet another grammar nut!
I enjoy learning, and I'm far from perfect--a good formula for improving skills! It's sad I have to point out my appreciation for correct usage these days. :lol:

As for your post, I wish I wasn't tied down with the opportunity I have for my work. Otherwise, I'd punk-rock it out, throw caution to the wind and add to my list of experiences yet again. Yachts with fine pipe folk? Sounds awesome!

Obviously, you'll have the chance. Timing is everything.
One day, I hope. It may be a while away, but I will do whatever I can to make it happen!

Sadly, speaking and writing correctly are becoming dying arts. I hope that someone will attempt to keep them alive.

MisterE said:
thefoolish":w2x5lsxq said:
I think "myriad of" is acceptable too. Both adjetive and noun forms are correct actually. Jus' sayin...
'Myriad' can also be used with or without an 'a' before it: "a myriad experiences" / "myriad experiences". Both are correct.

MisterE":yehz3y54 said:
I think "myriad of" is acceptable too. Both adjetive and noun forms are correct actually. Jus' sayin...
...I was taught "of" is irrelevant with the use of "myriad." It may have become so common that simply using "myriad" is an anachronism. Kind of how I suspect prepositions at the end of sentences will undoubtedly be correct by popular usage, and believe it or not, "your" becoming a double-use word.

thefoolish said:
MisterE":82vqv3ih said:
thefoolish":82vqv3ih said:
'Myriad' can also be used with or without an 'a' before it: "a myriad experiences" / "myriad experiences". Both are correct.
A myriad of ways to put one's myriad experiences to use, lol!

MisterE":7tdturnq said:
A myriad of ways to put one's myriad experiences to use, lol!
I KNEW that was going to happen... MisterE strikes again... seriously, my thoughts:

"MisterE is now going to combine all possible uses and nuances of 'myriad' in one statement."

:lol:

Okay, back to the topic, this is worth the yachting expedition alone... that chef sounds like she knows her stuff:

http://www.yachtexplorer.com/menu/index.html

Simple Man said:
Kyle Weiss":8v5s4rg9 said:
Simple Man":8v5s4rg9 said:
Kyle Weiss":8v5s4rg9 said:
MisterE":8v5s4rg9 said:
Okay, back to the topic, this is worth the yachting expedition alone... that chef sounds like she knows her stuff:

http://www.yachtexplorer.com/menu/index.html
Improper sentence structure... I'm the only one that can get away with that on this board! :lol: :lol:
It's called "casual," dammit. Ain't gonna lie and cover it up none, neither. 8)
LOL I don't know if you've ever noticed, but I use "..." in a majority of my posts... it just "feels" right. :lol:
" :lol: " <----- extra funny?

I don't know if you've ever noticed, but I'm the reason most threads get totally sidetracked. I even try and bring them back around again, and it fails. I'm totally that bad kid in the back of class, that means no harm, but certainly will get you in trouble.

SO.

Back to the menu:

...it looks delicious. Foolish, do you think you can chain together 12,000 smackers by May?

I certainly couldn't raise $12,000 in four months, unless I lived in the back of my 4Runner and ate out of trashbins. :lol: Maybe a year, or so, sure...

Kyle Weiss":e4oi3m67 said:
Foolish, do you think you can chain together 12,000 smackers by May?
I wouldn't rank it as the most likely outcome, but I will do my damnedest! :D

I would dearly love to do the Alaskan Song,
but it's out of my range. It looks like a fantastic
trip. It's a beautiful boat and Richard has one of
the finest pipe collections I've seen. All things
considered, if I was spending another week on
the water, I'd prolly be diving in the Caribbean. :lol:

thefoolish":2xav476x said:
Kyle Weiss":2xav476x said:
Foolish, do you think you can chain together 12,000 smackers by May?
I wouldn't rank it as the most likely outcome, but I will do my damnedest! :D
Just think, even if you get a nice pile of savings, the pipes you could get...and possibly a cheaper getaway with them and your lady-friend!