Smoke'em, if you got 'em!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
In this week's SmokingPipes.com newsletter, Bear discusses smoking "stashed" blends. Namely, GL Pease Syrian blends. And I agree. I have been sprinkling my open tins with the occasional tin of Renaissance. More rarely Ravens Wing. I have others. Think about it. Many of these are a decade old. They are in their prime, potentially. Now is the time to be smoking these. I do spread some of these older tins of Syrian around as some of you know. I even have some bulk C&D blends with the great Syrian Latakia. I'll never enjoy 'em more than now. Or over the next few years. Even the youngest will be a decade old in less than two years. I didn't buy 'em as an investment. I bought 'em to smoke 'em.  :sunny: 

Seeing what some of these discontinued Pease blends are being purchased for on eBay, you might want to keep one or two as a retirement plan

I've some older GLP Ravens Wing and Mephisto from the skinny white can era that I need to see to.

The Mephisto was crunchy dry upon opening, so re-hydrated it according to some guidelines I learned here on BoB.

Have yet to open the RW.

;) 

Cheers,

RR

Rob... Be careful what you wish for.

Falling in love with unobtanium sucks

Brewdude":7agxreib said:
The Mephisto was crunchy dry upon opening, so re-hydrated it according to some guidelines I learned here on BoB.
Curious -- how did the Mephisto fare, re-hydrated? Surely some of its prized character was lost -- but was it still recognizable?

planetary":iwdrjmbt said:
Brewdude":iwdrjmbt said:
Curious -- how did the Mephisto fare, re-hydrated?  Surely some of its prized character was lost -- but was it still recognizable?
Can't say, as it was (is) the only tin of it I've ever had.

And since I'm not reaching for heavy Lat blends these days it isn't getting any action.

:| 

Cheers,

RR