Smokers Forums Inception

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJack

Reaction score
You'll find this tobacco at 4noggins in the bulk section under the Smokers Forums blends.
It was developed for them by B&B Tobacconists. It is a mixture of Red Virginias, Turkish, Toasted Cavendish, and a touch of Kentucky Burley. The description sounded right up my alley so I sprung for 8oz. One of the main reasons I bought this is because I love Red Virginias and their natural sweetness. Upon lighting the first thing you are met with is the sweet Red Virginia. That's the good news. The bad news is the sweetness dissipates within seconds. Then the Turkish takes over and leads the way for the rest of the bowl. There is a spiciness that gives you the impression of something akin to a Va/Per particularly in the first half of the bowl. The Burley does it's job of taming the Virginias. Unfortunately it does it's job too well and sort of flattens the flavor a bit. Still in all it is still an enjoyable smoke overall but it could of been so much better. Perhaps less Burley and more of the Virginias. Inception is perhaps a bit towards the heavy side of medium and you cannot make this blend bite. I will gladly smoke the rest of the bag but I probably will not order more. Perhaps I will try adding more Virginia. Don't be afraid to try it. It is still a quality smoke and you may enjoy it , particularly if you like Turkish. If only the sweet Red Virginias could hold on longer but alas not!

Sounds like one I'd be better off avoiding, given how many really good virginia/burleys there are on the market. Is it top flavored at all, Jack?

No , there is no discernible topping. This blend is not as bad as you might think by my review. It's just that it starts out as a great smoke then fades quickly into a decent smoke.