Smokin Holsters Ultimate Bag

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
I've admired the Smokin Holsters bags, particuarly after handling one in person at the Richmond Show. But, they were priced far out of my budget. This week, someone had an "Ultimate" six pipe bag and I was able to get it at a very reasonable cost. It looks like it will hold exactly what I require. It should be delivered today, I'm anxious to get it. Boswells is having an open house on Saturday, so it will get put into immediate use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Leather-Pipe-Bag-holds-six-pipes-and-every-over-necessity-/110988371516?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=PFxJlfv%2FZVyIkuJj3xxl4IRtpnI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Smokin_Holsters_UltimateBag.jpg

Smokin_Holsters_UltimateBag2.jpg

Looks nice. You gonna sling that puppy around with ya, eh? I don't know... I use an old Norelco e-shaver pouch I had laying around. I hate man purses but to each his own.

Its sort of messenger bag style, which appealed to me. I am very sensitive!

How does one carry tobacco in these things? Is there a zippered or enclosed area for tobacco or do you still need to encase the bacco in its own ziplock/baggie and then put it in the pouch?

The bag did arrive today. Wow, what a finely crafted piece. This will easily hold probably at least 8 pipes and 3 to 4 tins of tobacco. I typically used a small backpack in the past, so this slings over my back in the same manner. I'm very pleased with this one. A real masculine look for sure!

I like it! I'm still looking for the right bag. Buddy of mine that is a cigar smoker had this military bag that was just perfect for all the gizmos he hauls around plus his smokes. Right now I have my Encase Laptop backpack. Works for most days when working but on the weekends it is a bit much sans-laptop.

Al, that is a really nice score you made! I have wanted one of the larger models similar to your's as well as a smaller 2 pipe case for everyday carry.

Can't believe how cheap you got it! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

riff raff":5ricuv4h said:
The bag did arrive today. Wow, what a finely crafted piece. This will easily hold probably at least 8 pipes and 3 to 4 tins of tobacco. I typically used a small backpack in the past, so this slings over my back in the same manner. I'm very pleased with this one. A real masculine look for sure!
Had you come down to Kaywoodie, you could have seen Neil in person along with a very nice collection of his work :roll:
(Just making you feel guilty that you missed it, again!)

DoverPipes":uszliirx said:
riff raff":uszliirx said:
Had you come down to Kaywoodie, you could have seen Neil in person along with a very nice collection of his work :roll:
...and, yeah, what Dover said!!! :lol!:

DoverPipes":goz1p72d said:
riff raff":goz1p72d said:
Yeah, thanks a lot! I DO have to find a way of making that NY event next year.......

Boswells has their Christmas Open House today and the bag went along. It swallowed five pipes, several tins and baggies of tobacco. I think my Ehrlich bag would even fit inside, should I ever need 10 pipes... I do like that I can carry it back-pack style, that will be very handy on the subways/train in NYC for the next NYC pipe club meeting.

I think that I met Neil at Richmond, at least I looked at some of his products at that show, which is why I jumped on this one.

riff raff":dunnr5o1 said:
DoverPipes":dunnr5o1 said:
riff raff":dunnr5o1 said:
Yeah, thanks a lot! I DO have to find a way of making that NY event next year.......

Boswells has their Christmas Open House today and the bag went along. It swallowed five pipes, several tins and baggies of tobacco. I think my Ehrlich bag would even fit inside, should I ever need 10 pipes... I do like that I can carry it back-pack style, that will be very handy on the subways/train in NYC for the next NYC pipe club meeting.

I think that I met Neil at Richmond, at least I looked at some of his products at that show, which is why I jumped on this one.
Looking forward to seeing you, Al.