Smoking "Cabin"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utahpipeman

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few images of my smoking cabin. It's my way to beat cold temperatures, but it's fun in the summer too. It's a 12' X 10' shed with added windows, insulation, and pine walls. I added an outdoor outlet to our house so I can power up two space heaters if I want to (using heavy duty extension cords through a tiny trap door), but one is usually plenty. Things like the TV, DVD Player, and stereo don't eat up much power at all. I have a stack with a fan to vent smoke, or I can run the Rabbit air purifier if I want to. Pipes don't require much ventilation, but cigars do. Next year, I'd like to add a small deck.

Some things you can do pretty cheap--I bought the flooring on closeout for 98 cents a square foot. My biggest expense outside of the shed was the pine walls--an upgrade based on sentimental value. The furniture is from when my parents passed away--also sentimental value. It's literally a home away from home. I recommend the idea to anyone struggling to enjoy smoking through the winter.

I want!!! Turning purple with envy here.

Very nice and rustic inside.

Martin

Very, very nice. I just built a duck hunting getaway with the same thought in mind.....its mine and I will do whatever I want in it. 900 sq.ft. that sleeps 4 with all the ammities, full kitchen, bathroom and hot water. Its within 100 yards of my duck hunting hole. In fact I just got back from there fixing a place to hang up our waders. It has been a dream of mine for along time.

Rodney

Beautiful & brilliant! I have a tool shed in my tiny little excuse for a backyard which I had considered replacing with/converting to a smoke shack/workshop. Your cabin is definitely inspiring. Well done sir!

now that is nice. yes i need one. just may be buildin one. thanks for postin it.

Absolutely fantastic! Love the knotty pine and the cool furniture. :cheers: :cheers:

We declare you the "Winner".......outstanding, just need a much bigger stereo. :shock: :tongue:

Wow. I had thought about what it would take to do a project like that. Congrats, that is the nicest shed I have ever seen.

Love the setup, and I love the midcentury modern chairs and TV table! Smoke there in the best of health.

That is too cool!!

It takes a lot to impress me,......but that little hide-away is awesome!

Congratulations!!

What a fantastic sanctus sanctorum! I have thought about the same thing - a special place outside the house (smoking off limits) but outside the weather.

We are having quite the snow storm in Virginia this evening, so smoking on the back porch, though covered, it quite the experience. But, my MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian tasted and smelled all the sweeter! I am sure many a sailor enjoyed a bowl in worse weather than this aboard some tall ship ages ago.

So, congrats on the realization of your great smoking cabin. Thanks for sharing!

Regards