Smoking in a church

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sastultz

Reaction score
I'm very fortunate to have my home and workplace in a 160 year old brick and stone church. A year and a half after we moved in and finished converting the first floor into bedrooms, great room, added a bath, and other changes to make it work for our family as a home, I designed and had a studio built on the second floor. I spend most of my time here when I'm not with a client or taking care of my teenagers' needs, or staying acquainted with my wife in our non-smoking main living space downstairs. Since I am a self employed designer working alone, I get to make the rules up here. Pipe smoking allowed! The tobacco stalks hanging in the atrium are locally grown burley, for decorative purposes only.

Fantastic...I'm nearly speechless, and green with envy! I've always wanted to build a recording studio and home inside an old church building. Thanks for the great pics!

Enjoy!Now get a classic pipe rack,a few pretty jars and a keep out sign, :lol!:

I too am like Harlock....always wanted to buy a church and convert it to my living quarters....you are the man of the hour.....
hail.gif

I don't think anybody's gonna top this one.

Really nice, though I expected to see a churchwarden.
It is Presbyterian Mixture at least?

Great space,,,plenty of light and tall ceilings,,, :cheers:

And you can drive to Boswell's without too much trouble for tobacco. Heavenly. :)

Haven't been to Boswell's yet - I keep meaning to go there. I've heard good things.

Stunning place Sas.

I missed my chance for a trip to Boswell's when I was back in PA. I'm going to force myself to make the detour off the Turnpike when I'm headed back to Philadelphia in May for a short stint in the homeland.

What a fabulous studio!!! Thanks for the ideas. I will be building my own house in a few months and I will be sure to include some of the characteristics of your place.

That is quite possibly the coolest studio/office space I have ever seen, bravo! Would love to see some pics of the outside!

Awesome! That is really neat! I, too, am jealous.

for decorative purposes only
Too bad, I think curing would be such fun!

I've always wanted to build a recording studio and home inside an old church building.
Mr. Smalls is like that, but with a skate-park and theater built in. I saw a show or two there in my college days.

Thomas Tkach":cvv6bzjs said:
Awesome! That is really neat! I, too, am jealous.

for decorative purposes only
Too bad, I think curing would be such fun!

I've always wanted to build a recording studio and home inside an old church building.
Mr. Smalls is like that, but with a skate-park and theater built in. I saw a show or two there in my college days.
Wow! That is a cool place, thanks!

Now that is a beautiful space to design in.

BTW, I notice you have a sweet Paolo Becker sitter on your desk in photo #2. Is that Morta? How's it smoke?

That looks like a peaceful place. And I'm pretty sure I love your desk!

Would it be wrong of me to say that I'd like to see more pics? :)