Smoking while sick

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
I'm about 100% sure that smoking while being sick is a bad idea. I'm sick today and have been for 4 days. But this afternoon I just wanted to feel something different than sick, so I grabbed my pipe and headed outside to smoke in the sun, it's 72 here today.

So here I am, eyes watering, nose running, sneezing incessantly...and smoking my pipe. Seeing that I have a head cold, I can barely breathe or smell anything, but I feel like I'm "tasting" my tobacco in a whole new way. Not being able to smell the tobacco, I'm only getting actual tongue taste, and it's good. the "Frog" is giving me some seriously nice flavor.

Just wondering if you experience this too I guess.

I don't smoke when I'm sick. I don't even drink coffee, lots of sleep and water until I am better.

I have never tried smoking when I was sick. Next time I have a stopped up nose, I will have to try it. I tried Frog and disliked it so much, I gave a brand new tin away. LOL. I must not have been in the mood for English blends that night because I absolutely enjoy Sutliff private reserve blend no 5 (aged of course).

d4klutz":zs5jx8y8 said:
I have never tried smoking when I was sick.  Next time I have a stopped up nose, I will have to try it.  I tried Frog and disliked it so much, I gave a brand new tin away.  LOL.  I must not have been in the mood for English blends that night because I absolutely enjoy Sutliff private reserve blend no 5 (aged of course).
If you do...just don't do it with a sore throat. Nothing good can come of that.  :D 

Smokin' while sick....:?:  :evil: :evil:

That's what they make medicated snuff for.  :D 

DrumsAndBeer":a5gyiwao said:
Smokin' while sick....:?:  :evil: :evil: 
I know, I know... but it was a good bowl, smoked all the way to ash. And if I don't feel any better, I at least feel a sense of accomplishment, LOL.

Actually, I feel a tad better just getting out of the house and breathing some fresh air.

The last tin of RY I smoked was during the worst cold I've had in years. It was pretty much a waste of good tobacco. Now I have no more RY and no real memory of how it tasted, lol.

Last time I had a cold it was a pretty mild one and I could still smell and taste pretty reasonably. So I continued my regular piping routine and found I could taste the 'baccy OK.

Yet it took about a month for me to be firing on all cylinders again. I was sure glad when that finally came back, but it was a gradual thing.

Cheers,

RR

I frequently smoke while sick. I'm on chemotherapy class immunosuppressive medications. So I get sick often and it tends to last quite a bit longer when I get sick. I'm just getting over my last cold and it's only taken 4 & 1/2 months. It is definitely different when you can't smell. I seem to pick up more on the spicey components in a smoke when I'm under the weather. YMMV

Jim

Most the time when I have a head cold it's hard to taste what I'm smoking and have to change to a stronger tobacco. Some times it just makes anything I smoke taste horrible.
My last cold I found I enjoyed Elizabethan a lot more.

I have no desire whatsoever to smoke when sick, other than the desire to get better so I can smoke.  That first pipe after the period of abstinence is awesome!