Smoking with folk

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumball

Reaction score
I am a solitary pipe smoker. The smoking ban in the UK has pretty much killed off the old Pipe Clubs, and one can't sit inside a pub and enjoy a bowl or two.

Today I met up with some folks who post up pipe vids on Youtube. We sat out in the pub garden and smoked pipes and had a chat. It was very convivial. :D So, for all those solitary smokers on BoB it is worth trying to find some local folks to smoke a few bowls with.

Glad to hear! I'm a solitary smoker as well. Have to find a few locals to meet up with sounds like a good time.

I started as a solitary smoker as well, but quickly met up with a fraternity brother who also enjoys the pipe. It was a great time sitting out on the porch of the fraternity house on a cold November night after finals. It was a great night of conversation and relaxation.

Congrats, it sounds like you have smoking laws like California. Sometime Id like to find local pipe smokers, but I'm not very cordial nor the best at making friends

I am also not that readily sociable, have never acquired the art of being one of the fellas, although I can, when I choose, pass myself off as such. It's the homophobic, female-dominating sexuality and drinking stories that don't come regularly to mind. Cigar smokers tend not to have the intelligence and polish of pipe-smokers, IMO, and my B&M lounge is usually filled with them. Thus I frequent that lounge when there is low traffic, preferring to have a good smoke in sparse company. I far prefer smoking alone at home than brooking that sphere, but on the other hand my tobacconist has an otherwise well-appointed, sparkly, amenable, place, great pipes and tobacco and top-shelf cigars, and its hard to stay away.

If this sounds like whining, it may well be!

Interesting question.

Unless I'm at the monthly Tinder Box of Reno pipe party, I'm the only pipe smoker around. I'm "questionably social," wherein when I'm feeling up to it, I do it, when I'm not, I stay home. Trying to break myself of the anti-social tendencies though. I'm plenty good at it when I need to be, then again, it isn't hard to recreate scenes. People are easy to please, most times. It's just acting, after all. Plus I've always found other people fascinating in how they react to things, so provided I entertain them while I put them through the rigors of talking to me, we're both amused, so all is well. :lol:

Most of the time I'm alone with the pipe. Other times I'm just the only pipe smoker, and I'm off, by myself, in the sun with a good book and a cappuccino. 8) No complaints. All I get is the, "OOOOoOOooo that smells nice, my grandfather used to smoke one of those..." and I nod, smile and read on. :lol:

I'm not a social smokist. I'm not an unsociable person; there just aren't many opportunities to smoke with other folks. California has become so hostile to smokage that there's almost nowhere left to smoke except one's own back yard (...for now; they're working on that, too... :x )

newjok12.png

I live in a very rural area where pipe smokers are as rare as hen's teeth. I used to have a buddy who would smoke cigars with me but he got married and moved away from here. Haven't seen him since the '70s. I'd like to have some pipe smoking buddies to shoot the bull with, just like I do with my biker buddies.

Smokey

Been to many many herfs with my local cigar group. Problem is, I'm kind of a quiet person so I normally don't have much to say. Conversations usually revolve around sports, hunting, and guns, all of which don't interest me. So I'm the odd man out and run out of things to say pretty quickly. There's only so much you can discuss about cigars anyway.

Many great people and friendships were forged at those herfs though. But I'm winding down on the cigar thing and will probably cease altogether in the near future. So herfs don't interest me much anymore.

Cheers,

RR

Sadly, my favorite baccys gross out anyone within 50 feet of me.