Smokingpipes.com down??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB-5

Reaction score
I have been trying for the last 24 hours to get onto the smokingpipes site and can not. Anybody else having this problem or is it on my end?

Thanks,
rb5

RB-5":41luwhnf said:
I have been trying for the last 24 hours to get onto the smokingpipes site and can not. Anybody else having this problem or is it on my end?

Thanks,
rb5
All fine this side of the pond :D

bluedigital":9orijxom said:
RB-5":9orijxom said:

Thanks,
rb5
All fine this side of the pond :D
Well that's good to hear. Maybe I need to clear my cookies...hmmm...

Thanks Blue!

Cheers

beaupipe":xlj20b28 said:
I can't get on their site either.
Yeah, I just tried again with FF IE and Chrome. I hope it's just a tech problem.

Sykes posted on facebook that they had a major tech problem on their end. He followed up that post around 3am saying that they were back up and running. I think the worst part was that there was no Monday update :cry:

Rugbysh9":e119g55g said:
Sykes posted on facebook that they had a major tech problem on their end. He followed up that post around 3am saying that they were back up and running. I think the worst part was that there was no Monday update :cry:
Thank you Rugbysh9! Good eye on the facebook findings.

Sykes post from Facebook this morning:

Smokingpipes.com Alright, we're down again. This is bad. We're working on resolving it as quickly as we can. -- Sykes

The above was posted about 2 hours ago (10am-ish EST)

Most recent update:

Smokingpipes.com Alright: We were hit with a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack yesterday that was renewed today. We're mitigating this using various methods and the website is now up, but there's an intervening page before you reach the website to help manage the bogus traffic that's being thrown at us right now. We'll keep you posted but, for all intents and purposes, the website is fine and operating normally. -- Sykes

you can get access to the site, first go to:

www.smokingpipes.net

Rugbysh9":wco3ttqu said:
Most recent update:

Smokingpipes.com Alright: We were hit with a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack yesterday that was renewed today. We're mitigating this using various methods and the website is now up, but there's an intervening page before you reach the website to help manage the bogus traffic that's being thrown at us right now. We'll keep you posted but, for all intents and purposes, the website is fine and operating normally. -- Sykes

you can get access to the site, first go to:

www.smokingpipes.net
Nice!! Thank you for the update.

I'm in also,
Hy BD, at least something is working here in RSA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was wondering if there was anything left for the anti-tobacco crowd to do to us.

That was no denial of service attack - it was Hermits regular monthly order

:)