Snow in Beefalo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Anyone here been caught in one of Beefalo's infamous 24 in 24 snow dumps? I was once back in 2004 while driving a big truck, and once is enough. (Though I did manage to get off the Interstate, make some blind turns, and find myself---miraculously---with plenty of parking room in an elementary school playground and directly across the street from a good Italian restaurant. :lol: )

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/02/new.york.snow/?hpt=T1

http://www.iliodipaolos.com/

When I was younger and not close to driving age. My dad's side of the family is from Buffalo, although I only visit once every two years or so now. Ilio DiPaulo's is good stuff! Check out Duff's for the best wings, and Charlie the Butcher's for Beef on Weck. :twisted:

Lived in Buffalo for 40 years, Had a snow fall of 60 plus inches occur in a 30 hour period back in the early nineties, had four feet drop on a visit in early october a couple years ago and who could forget that great winter in 1977 with snow drifts that reached the top of street lights globes... like Jimmy said get ya a six pack and ride it out

Lived for many years across the lake in west-Toronto area. Was always grateful how the storms coming from the west would pick up moisture on either Lake Erie or Ontario and Buffalo or east of Toronto would get DUMPED ON, and we might only get a light dusting. Buffalo can get some wild winter weather.

One year in Syracuse. Same lake effect snow zone. Pretty incredible.

:face:

People need to learn to drive. People have their big 4x4 trucks and SUVs and I'm passing them in my Honda Civic. Ridiculous. But I love it in WNY, cause I like driving in the snow.

Don't worry, I'll pull your civic out with my Jeep once I catch up to ya down the road :lol:

Pretty standard fare in my neck of the woods. Three feet will shut things down for around 6 to 8 hours once it quits. If the plows get pulled off the road due to the storm you're on your own.

I was in it today! Going west on I90 and I take the exit 50 I290 to one of our depots off of Colvin. The big LED signs were flashing the warnings about the thruway being shutdown beyond exit 50 and people were still heading into it. I know people love the snow but I hate it with all my being. I chose the right place to live if you dislike snow, eh? :lol:

dbreazeale":p21qf1ue said:
The big LED signs were flashing the warnings about the thruway being shutdown beyond exit 50 and people were still heading into it.
Hey, no tolls!! :lol:

Frost":nmsiczx4 said:
Don't worry, I'll pull your civic out with my Jeep once I catch up to ya down the road :lol:
No need, I rarely get stuck, unless my car gets plowed into a spot.

Grew up on Long Island, we had bad snow, but not that bad! Did get caught upstate one weekend though for an extra day.

Can't stand the thought of snow...ranks right up there with VD, letters from the IRS, and State Troopers showing up at your front door. :(

I went to St Lawrence in Canton, New York many years ago and still have nightmares about snow.