Snuff in Canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HistoryMajor

Reaction score
So, I found out a couple days ago that technically snuff isn't available in Canada. There is one shop around that I have found it at - only McChrystal's, mind you. I suspect, then, that they are still selling off stock that was imported some time ago. Alternately, this brand has managed to get the funds up to import.

I was talking to a lady who is involved with an initiative advocating for fair tobacco control, and I had asked her if there was anywhere in Edmonton that sold varieties of snuff. She said that it can no longer be imported, because of the need for nicotine content testing...and that costs over 50 000 dollars per brand/blend of snuff, cigarette, cigar, pipe tobacco, chew, etc. Since nasal snuff is such a tiny portion of the market, that this is simply not a feasible amount of money to pay to be allowed to import because making that money back would not be easy.

Anyhow, not really a sob story, because I really enjoy McChrystals (even at 15 bucks a tin) and can always purchase online, I just thought it was a bit of an interesting story.

McChrystals is damned fine snuff, and I could easily snuff it exclusively if I could keep it in stock. I consider you lucky.

Yeah. I really like it. Unfortunately, I've only ever seen raspberry, apricot, and original and genuine and nothing else.

I bought a case of McChrystal's Smokers Blend snuff that I like occasionally. It is a natural kind of flavored snuff that gives a pure tobacco flavor. I like it. Then again I also like the American dry snuffs such as Railroad Mills, Peach, etc.

JP, are you taking those Americans by sniffing or dipping? You're made of stern stuff indeed if you take the American Scotches by nose!

I am very surprised by this. I usually buy snuff from a shop in Ottawa and I have never heard of this issue before. When did this come about?

Doc Manhattan":r3nf9xb2 said:
JP, are you taking those Americans by sniffing or dipping? You're made of stern stuff indeed if you take the American Scotches by nose!
I do them both ways. You have to take into consideration that I have been using many forms of tobacco since I was about 9 years old.