Snuff????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Neither my wife nor I have ever tried snuff.
For some reason she has become interested in antique snuff boxes.
Have you ever tried snuff?
How does it compare to cigarettes,pipes or cigars?
We have been toying with the idea of inviting neighbors over for a snuff party...any thoughts?

I just got into it myself. Most of the stuff I blindly picked are pretty good, a couple were not to my liking. (Though there is one that is mentholated that kills me, but helps relieve a stuffy nose!) There is a dedicated thread regarding snuff here on the forum I found informative...

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/f23-the-snuff-box

Snuff has been a real saving grace for me for awhile now. There are times when I just can't smoke because my dentist ripped a hole between my sinuses and my mouth. There are days when it's fine and days when I can't get a draw on a pipe to save my life. I have even gotten into blending my own snuffs from whole leaf tobacco. The "flavor" options are incredible and the price is unbelievably inexpensive even having to order from the UK. A snuff tasting sounds like a real blast and hope you're able to pull it off and have a great time.

Quite a few folks have used snuff to quit cigs. For me there really is no comparison as snuff isn't burned and smells amazing. Cigs, cigars and even pipes the tobacco flavor is altered for the worse by the combustion. Ill never quit my pipes but snuff is much prefered here. Its very discrete to use and can actually be used almost anywhere without attracting the tobacco Nazis attention. I snuff in my local stores without any issues at all.

Jim

Somebody sent me a few tins when I got bombed. Some mcchrystals apricot and some other that was mentholated raspberry. The menthol is nice for a stuffy nose, but that apricot is very tasty. Just use a small amount at first, and do some research on its use. It goes in the nose, not so much up the nose.