Snus

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMITHENHALS

Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me a tin of Camel “SNUS” so I figured why not try it. The tin is full of little individual packages of Snus and the directions say to place on pack under upper lip for 30 min, with no need to spit. Well, a few minutes after trying one, my mouth was immediately filled with brown syrupy liquid and since the pack said not to spit, I swallowed it a few times….not a good idea. I got a HUGE nicotine buzz, and slightly nauseated for the first 5 minutes or so, but once I started to spit out the liquid it wasn’t half bad.

Nothing new..........they came out with the Skoal Bandits several years ago which were the same thing.

If you place the pouch in your bottom lip and swallow as moisture builds up. I find you can swallow the sweet fluid without the bad effects. I like the mellow and can tolerate the frost. good alternative to smoking and eliminates wanting a cigarette (for me).
Ed

:albino:

Tried the same thing probably. Tastes vaguely like sweet tea. I didn't like it, but didn't get a nicotine buzz or saliva.

I got a free sample of the Swedish stuff once. Found it unbearable very quickly. Definitely not for me.

-Andrew

I recently started using General Snus as a way to get by between pipes, as I am still trying to kick cigarettes. While the American made snus is absolutely horrible, the Swedish made is incredible. For some reason, Camel changed the production method, because they thought that it would be more accepted by Americans. My advice, if you're going to snus, do it right and find the real stuff.

The Janitor

General Snus Wintergreen white portion is my recommendation. I am an occasional snus user to get between my pipes, plus it gives me something to buy when i go to my B&M to enjoy the smoking lounge. Camel Snus has much higher sugar content, so the general may burn a little at first but give it a shot.

I am a regular Skoal user, it is the only nicotine that I ever find myself jonesing for. Don't like the packets, just the straight dip tucked down in the lower lip. I realize that snus is a somewhat different animal, but some of the new flavors of skoal are getting much sweeter and similar.

FYI, for anyone who is thinking about sending something to the troops for Christmas. My son and I got together and sent about 50 cans of Skoal over to the troops, along with some other stuff like magazines, etc the usual care package type stuff. The emails we got back were all about the dip, they really appreciated that as I guess it is really hard to come by in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Never got into snus...I have just began to use a bit of nasal snuff though. Samuel Gawith Apricot kicks butt.

I've been trying the General snus as a replacement for a pipe smoke. I've been enjoying it quite a bit. I've focused on the regular white portion so far. I've been looking online to make a few can purchase of different portions not available at my brick and mortar. I've got a small wish list and General licorice regular portions is at the top of the list.

Justpipes":hicsng7r said:
Nothing new..........they came out with the Skoal Bandits several years ago which were the same thing.
Untrue my friend, there are differences between the 2. SNUS is different than other smokeless tobacco. I personally like "The General" snus better than Camels version but it isn't as readily available in my area.

05Venturer":bfkax3zs said:
Justpipes":bfkax3zs said:
Untrue my friend, there are differences between the 2. SNUS is different than other smokeless tobacco. I personally like "The General" snus better than Camels version but it isn't as readily available in my area.
I was on a snus blog reading a Skoal Snus review. It was liked by the reviewer as far as American snus goes but is a different product than their bandits.

SWEET MERCY!!!

Speedway gas/convenience stations are now carrying General snus...the real stuff, not just the sugary imitations Marlboro and Camel put out. At least in my area anyway.

Nice to have it conveniently available now - its not something I use often, but it's nice to get that little bit of nicotine during a stressful workday when a pipe is simply out of the realm of possibilities. Limited options, with original, white, and wintergreen...but better than what was previously available over-the-counter. Enjoying a nice portion of original now.