So apparently I was a good boy for Christmas... pic heavy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
So my wife is seriously incredible. She has always supported me and my crazy hobbies, but this year she went above and beyond.

First, she schemed with my parents to get me a new David Jones pipe similar to what I had been looking at on ebay. She ordered it and the payed for it for my Christmas present. I actually got it before Christmas, but I waited to post it. It's a "bent Dublin" according to him. The outside diameter is HUGE. And so is the bowl. Probably a good 90 minute or more smoke. It's probably my favorite pipe right now.

Then, I had told her I wanted a Meer pipe and even linked her an estate one I saw for sale on Reddit. She went and sneakily made a Reddit account, contacted the seller, and bought the exact pipe I wanted. Since I got it Christmas eve, I realized it's much smaller than I thought. But, After smoking it, the bowl is still a good 30 minute smoke, so it's a great tasting pipe, especially with all the blends I have yet to try. It's marked with GBD, but I can't see where GBD made any Meers since like the 70's and they were african. Anyone have any info on it maybe? The GBD marking on the stem seems legitimate, so I'm not sure.

She also got me a vintage pipe stand from Etsy. It's perfect for my cobs and smaller pipes.

Then, she had her mom give me cash "specifically for pipe products" which I got 4 tins of aged tobacco here on the forum.

Lastly, I got a surprise bonus from my job for Christmas, even though I was leaving the company. She told me to spend it on myself since we would be cash poor for a few months. I promptly bought her a necklace with our son's birthstone in it. Then I bought a neat Johs' pipe. It's a bent paneled dublin. The shape was unique looking to me, and the flame grain is fantastic. I hope to smoke it soon, but I have been fighting this cold for so long. I got a tin of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake with it too.

Basically my wife is awesome, and made my Christmas. Lots of pics ahead.

JBDeWSPl.jpg

vWPX45vl.jpg

0NmYSRQl.jpg

uXG0Qr3l.jpg

LkSUhvxl.jpg

L2CvunEl.jpg

fomk3VLl.jpg

KqUQiCil.jpg

Gees! You really hit a gold mine my friend. A lot of nice pipes, tobacco and a stand.
Not everyone can get as lucky as you are having such a caring woman. Hang on to her and that rare GBD sir, they'll serve you well. ;)

Dam Sam, you made out like the proverbial bandit!

Your good lady is to be congratulated, supporting your pipe interests in this way. Not many can make a claim like that.

I'm very impressed with the Dublin, and the meer is no slouch. Cool pipe stand as well.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Sounds like a great Christmas. Gotta love our wives for feeding our habbits. My wife got me a custom meer that I already posted. Congrats on the new acquisitions.

Wow, what a Christmas!

That David Jones is terrific. He doesn't do many taper stem pipes, a very good choice by my eye! My David Jones, while gigantic, was an excellent smoker. His stem work is very good at his price point.

The GBD meer is very curious, I too have never seen a GBD meer like that one. The nomenclature/case definitely looks OEM. I'd say that is one rare GBD! And, I love the shape too.

Enjoy getting to know them!

I too like the GBD meer! I wonder what year it was made. Congrats on adding some fine pipes to your growing collection bbg! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You sir have an awesome wife! Congrats on the haul. I can't stop looking and that David Jones! Well done!

So far, the David Jones is my favorite. After I get employed, I will probably buy another. I highly recommend getting a pipe from him, especially how inexpensive they are.