so i smoked some drucquers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
so today i had the honor of smoking some Drucquers the devils own from 1992. man... it was... great.

i wish i had the articulation of the palate that some others (kyle, etc) on this forum. it started it's life as a virginia blend with a hint of latakia. when the tin was opened, it smelled like mcclellands to the next level. rich, sweet, delicious fermentation. the tin was ready to pop, btw. good ribbon cut. perfect moisture. and that fermentation smell.... whoo!

the tobacco itself was great. sweet, bready, rich. had nuances i couldn't fully uncover in one bowl. my impression: great tobacco base in a mediocre blend. had amazing things going on, but didn't seem to knock my socks off. like lombard without the finish and fit that you expect from a sought after blender. don't get me wrong, it was indeed a great smoke, but it lacked something. i wish i had the tin to smoke it in a few more pipes. but meh. it is what it is. great tobacco in there, but left me wanting perfection. maybe hype left me wanting nirvana instead of a great smoke.

thank you marty for letting me smoke some of history.

pics or it didn't happen
DIVQDW8.jpg

From your review I'd say there's nothing wrong with your palate. Your description was clear and revealing. Darn good review in my opinion. 8) 

AJ