So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A scary story with a happy ending is a funny story in a few weeks. ;)

Glad to hear the little guy is ok!

You did exactly what needed done. Fine job Dave.
Don't think it will be your last trip!

Well done sir, you are a stellar dad!

Great news Dave. I'm happy to hear your little man is doing better. Nothing worse than see your child sick, hurt or in pain!!

Glad to hear it turned out ok Dave, it sounds like that was a pretty heart-in-mouth experience. Like the guys have said it looks like you took the right steps, your kids a lucky guy to have you.

So in case anyone was concerend, he was quite content by the end of the night:

And, no, he had not learned his lesson:

Glad he is doing ok! I know I hate that feeling when I have to take kids to the ER. All of mine are teenagers now but when they were little I aged a lot. Let's hope you don't have to go through that again!

We've all lived through baby fall experiences. It's part of learning to stand. In our case, when our seven month old son fell and hit his head hard on our kitchen floor he was really hurting badly and unable to stop crying because of the pain. Instinctively our cocker spaniel came over to him and started licking his head. It was an unbelievable experience to watch and all was well thereafter. That was son #1 in 1980. Son #3 in 1990 fell in the bathroom after a tub bath and smashed his chin on the toilet bowl rim. That event prompted an ER visit and sutures by a plastic surgeon. Growing up's tough but we all get through it. Glad your son's recovered.

Glad to know you guys are ok. Little kids are made of rubber (our 4th is made of some unknown substance, more durable than rubber).

asmoke":gjrf2f7o said:
Glad to know you guys are ok. Little kids are made of rubber (our 4th is made of some unknown substance, more durable than rubber).
Unobtainia Elasticum

:lol: