So it Seems...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
When the cat's away, the mice will play?

What other analogies apply?

Things at home are not progressing as they should, at least in my mind. Maybe I'm an asshole....

"Did the animals get their shots and wormer?" I asked.

"Both? At the same time?"

"No, you were to follow the schedule. Did you manage to follow it?"

"Yah, well, we saw it, but we didn't think it was important."

"As opposed to what?" I asked.....

"Well, they looked alright to me, so I figured, what the hell?"

"How much do I owe you?" I asked....

"$400 for the first week, 50 bucks a day after"

I paid him. And sent him and his cousin home.

Eric thought I was nuts. I told him at this time I am ill equipped to offer resistance. I told him I would "prey for them later".....

No, I spelled it correctly.....

Time for some serious healing action.

OW, seems the ones you entrusted were totally incompetent to the task. They had access to way to much beer!! Did they believe they were on vacation? Post a sign on your property with their FULL NAMES and they will be shot on sight, I'm not kidding! Plus they owe you money for a job they were hired to do but totally failed! I wish I were in better health, I cook some fabulous dishes and I'm an animal lover. I would have made the journey to help. You need to still take it slow and hopefully those friends that live nearby can help you as needed. You've been in my Prayers and thoughts.

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

No worries gentlemen, balance will be achieved. My mistakes are not often repeated...

Well, not too often.......... :lol:

So sorry to hear you were taken advantage of. Competent help seems to vanish when its needed most it seems. Rest up you've lots of healing ahead of you before you can deal with their well deserved back pay. Or pay back as the case may be. Wish I were able to get out there and give you a proper hand.

Jim

It'll be corrected...

I'm just very tired now. Very tired...... The wheels are turning though, and things come back around... Always turning......... Though the Jackals are at the gates, and the hyenas cry in the distance, there is a fire here, keeping them at bay. It may fade, but never go out......

And the traps lay in wait. Always vigilant. Nary to waver in their resolve and capture....

Ozark Wizard":anhesxnw said:
It'll be corrected...

I'm just very tired now. Very tired...... The wheels are turning though, and things come back around... Always turning......... Though the Jackals are at the gates, and the hyenas cry in the distance, there is a fire here, keeping them at bay. It may fade, but never go out......

And the traps lay in wait. Always vigilant. Nary to waver in their resolve and capture....
And there you go. Great attitude.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

OW, if your anything like me...I'd give you my last dollar. But f--k me good once and I become the most vindictive SOB you've ever met! Rest, give it time, they'll get their just dessert :twisted:

YOU JUST WORRY ABOUT GETTING BETTER!!!

Lonecoyote":pfxjh2wf said:
OW, if your anything like me...I'd give you my last dollar. But f--k me good once and I become the most vindictive SOB you've ever met! Rest, give it time, they'll get their just dessert  :twisted:  

YOU JUST WORRY ABOUT GETTING BETTER!!!
Well said!

So sorry to hear that, Ozark Wizard.

Yeah, I have a real low tolerance for folks who have no internal sense of right and wrong. They just do whatever feels good to them at the time and issues of good/bad, better/worse, and right/wrong are never factored into the equation. :fpalm:

Uh oh. I fear they made have chosen the wrong person to make grumpy. Steady as she goes Wiz.

Blackhorse":ewr0odfd said:
Can I come and work for you?

Free beer...right?

Don’t have to follow directions...right?

Do whatever the hell I want...right?

Can I work from home?
:lol!:

Lonecoyote":6m8ragq8 said:
OW, if your anything like me...I'd give you my last dollar. But f--k me good once and I become the most vindictive SOB you've ever met! Rest, give it time, they'll get their just dessert  :twisted:  
I'm kind of that way.   When stuff like that happenes to me sometimes my New Jersey roots come out.  And then...
F***in' AAAA!!! :twisted:

Reminds me of the oft-used saying, “Success is NOT failure plus a good excuse.” Actually your “helpers” couldn’t even manage a good excuse. Hope your well-being returns pronto.

As I often say, no matter how hard I try, things work out.

Blackhorse, Would you be needing health and dental insurance as part of your 'package'? It seems if you look in this general direction you get a wage. For the benefit package you will be required to at least stand outside and face East/ Southeast.... :D

No, I’m good.

My wife wouldn’t let me come anyway. Well, either that or she’d be way too eager to get me gone. She’s always suggesting I travel more. Hmmm. :suspect: