So sad...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come the article doesn't name the smoking ban? I'm pretty sure many people will stay away from pubs if they can't smoke.

fmw":ea3244z9 said:
How come the article doesn't name the smoking ban? I'm pretty sure many people will stay away from pubs if they can't smoke.
In England, just writing or speaking the word "tobacco" is a capital offense. They're afraid that people's mind's forming the image will align molecules into carcinogenic patterns in the atmosphere, in turn giving everyone in the country whole-body cancer overnight. Truth. Canada isn't far behind.

And the US of A isn't either.

I believe our grandchildren and their children will never know the pleasures of something as simple as a good smoke and ale while discussing the events of the day with a family of friends in a local pub! Tis sad to think of, gentlemen... but, I fear it true!!

I agree with Robert, and fear it will be one of many things they do not get to enjoy.

i'm going to a bar right now, just to support the industry. crap...it's 10:30 on a sunday morning. i'm going to have to wait. rotten blue laws!

bruins":7rd9e6nn said:
i'm going to a bar right now, just to support the industry. crap...it's 10:30 on a sunday morning. i'm going to have to wait. rotten blue laws!
At least your heart's in the right place! ;)