solani 656 aged burley flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
I really thought I was going to be a va and vaper fan...and I am, but since ive been smoking this blemd I have been nothing short of impressed. Lol it appears im going to be a fan of whatever tastes good to me and this stuff is awesome....big nic hit with a nice sour/sweet taste with some spicyness at the end.

So goes the journey of the tobacco road, picking random leaf from the bushes of the hedgerows without prejudice....deciding on merits alone.

That was dramatic lol. Im a little dorky.

I tried this blend but found it tasteless; the curse of burley! But so many folks love it that I'm going to have to give it another go.

Yeah, it's great to find new blends that are impressive. I'm on a rollercoaster ride between Vas and burleys,,,eventually maybe one settles on a number of each that hit the spot, but the number keeps growing out of control,,, :lol!:

656 quality has been consistantly good, great flavor,and availability isn't an issue,,,,3 out of 3,,, :cheers:

[quote Boxerbuddy]So goes the journey of the tobacco road, picking random leaf from the bushes of the hedgerows without prejudice....deciding on merits alone.
Well THAT was insightful,,,a little poetry with your morning coffee?

The only negative about it is the high price... At $6.60 per oz its over the $100 mark per pound
which I refuse to pay for any tobacco. An occasional tin will satisfy the urge.

If you want to talk expensive, smoke cigars. Easy to pay $10-$15/cigar, and that's gone in one smoke. Very good to excellent boxes, in my opinion, are in the $250.00-$350.00 range; but that doesn't mean you have to spend that much as there are plenty of boxes in the $100.00-200.00 range that will suffice—but they are only good.

alfredo_buscatti":f2d8phh2 said:
I tried this blend but found it tasteless; the curse of burley! But so many folks love it that I'm going to have to give it another go.
The 1st time I tried this I smoked it a little wet and found it not flavorless, but definately lacking a little. Since then I've been smoking it drier and it's made a sizable difference. Maybe next time you give it a go give it a little more time to air out?

I also tried a few bowlfulls of 656 recently. Good stuff but it didn't reach out and grab me, demanding that I stock up on it. I did grab 2 tins that were dated '05 I believe. I'll crack 'em open someday and see what happens

I like it, but I enjoy burly blends. But, it's too pricey for more than an occasional smoke ($16/tin I believe) I've been meaning to try some of the other Solani offerings, Silver Flake for instance.