Solani Aged Burley Flake-Fold or Rub

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":jvu5eqvl said:
MC":jvu5eqvl said:
Tried the fold in half length wise, then in half again and stuff method. The tobacco stayed lit much better and the flavors came out really well. In the past flake tobacco had always smoked hot for me because of improper packing.

Then the real eye opener happened.........I rubbed out a flake completely and then left it alone to dry for thirty minutes. This is when Solani ABF became a tobacco that I will smoke more often because I now know how to enjoy "Flake Tobacco"

Thanks for all the reply's everyone
Has been my experience with Flakes, Plugs and Coins as well. Have tried many of the other methods of prep for these 'bacs, but have found that for me, and my pipes rubbed out completely and dried well seems to give me the best smoke. :p
This for me as well.

Yet I'm just starting out on the cubed method, so this might change.

Cheers,

RR

For Solani ABF I find that for me, rubbing out completely and drying a bit produces all the flavor the tobacco has to offer. It just seems to ignite everything at once, full rich, and a little powerful. A great evening smoke but it's great anytime really. Some days I'll rub out a few flakes at once and put them in my pouch for the day's smoke. That's what I do with Solani ABF. Wishing you great intentions with your experience.