Solani recommendations?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipedirector

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying a tin or two of Solani in my next tobacco order.

What's a good tin (or two) to try?

I'm thinking about the Virginia Flake 633, seems like it might be good.

Matt

Yeah, I think the virginia flake is top shelf,,,also

Silver label 660
Aged burley flake 656

All worth a try,,,

I love Solani blends

1. ABF (656) :star: :star: :star:
2. 633 :star: :star:
3 silverflake? good reviews but I haven't tried it yet.
4. 127 (virgina/cav- aro) I'm a Vapers man but like this occasionally.

enjoy, Valky

I'm also curious to hear recomendations. Placing a big order on Friday and was considering some solani. I looking at Red Label-131 and X Sweet Mystery

I found the x sweet mystery very sweet , heavy aromatic, thick creamy smoke,,,a little tongue bite but only if you crank on it

the 131 a little less sweet, still heavy aro,,,

mark":l14a9f2k said:
I found the x sweet mystery very sweet , heavy aromatic, thick creamy smoke,,,a little tongue bite but only if you crank on it

the 131 a little less sweet, still heavy aro,,,
That's what I figured. I haven't liked the few aromatics I have tried, so I'm still in search of something I'll like

+1 for both 633 VA Per and the 630 silver VA w/kentucky. THe silver didnt click for me right away but now it is one of my very favorites.

For the aro heads try the Solani green - nice mellow apple flavor, not as heavy sweet as the sweet mystery x

Got some 633 on my last order and Monday just ordered 2 100g tins to put back or dip into if need be, LOL! Also got some 660 coming, but have not tried it until, well it will be Thursday. Opening Night (C&D) is very good too and I think very close to 633 for me.

Wish I had known Falconer liked 656 I may have tried it, but I didn't because so far my tries with Burley have not been what I like. However I am still open, but if anything like Big n Burley or Old Joe Krantz I am out, didn't care much for them, but I have what is left vacuum sealed and will try again next year.

Skip

Im a fan of 633 its very good with a little age and so is the 660 I dont smoke alot of burley but ABF is also good when im in the mood.

Falconer":rejfadcq said:
I love Solani blends

1. ABF (656) :star: :star: :star:
2. 633 :star: :star:
3 silverflake? good reviews but I haven't tried it yet.
4. 127 (virgina/cav- aro) I'm a Vapers man but like this occasionally.

enjoy, Valky
Ditto!
Thanks for the Stash bro,
My silverflake is in cellar!

I have only smoked one bowl of Silver Flake, so consider that when reading this. I am a HOTW smoker, and to me, SF was light weight and didn't excite my passion. Good tobacco, and I have an intuition that SF needs some age, so the contents of my 100g tin, minus the one bowl, went into a mason jar and will sit in the cellar until some later date.

Brewdude ... here, you can borrow mine.

1978533.jpg

Mel at Wingenroth's in PA recommended the Solani Burley Flake and is is a very pleasant smoke. It has a lot more flavor and personality than the Boswell "Premium Blended Burley" which is my primary smoke. Unfortunately, it is about five time more expensive...

I always keep on hand some Solani White and Black. I'm not always in the mood for it since it is full bodied and very spicy, but sometimes it is perfect in the evening after a good meal.