some mario grandi madness here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, that's just ridiculous.
73 bids and 90% of them by a new eBay member.
I've got to admit though, that's a real nice Mario Grande. It looks clean, sleek and is well shaped. A lot of there pipes in my opinion can be a bit clunky looking with little attention to detail. That ones a winner. But, NOT that much of a winner I don't think, it still has 3 days to go for God's sake.

Cartaphilus":0gp218mu said:
I agree, that's just ridiculous.
73 bids and 90% of them by a new eBay member.
I've got to admit though, that's a real nice Mario Grande.
it IS an exceptionally sharp looking morta. Its a re-listing though. i remember seeing it from the Mario Grandi official ebay store a few months back. i think it sold for ~$100 if im not mistaken

Mario Grandis are hit or miss for me. Im a big sucker for unique shapes, and the carver turns out tons of unique/novel shapes consistently. But i agree that his pipes are usually on the thicker/clunkier side.

now that you mention it, the bidding history seems very very suspicious.

i would suspect the guy making most of the bids starting lower is in cahoots with the seller in some capacity; bidding to generate interest and raise the price until some sucker falls for it, then they stop bidding.

for many of the bids they were just up bidding by 2 dollars every time, even when there was no bid overtaking their standing

For that kind of money, there are lots of other brands I would much rather own, and wouldn't have any concerns with cosmetic issues.

nogbert":p3qau7sk said:
now that you mention it, the bidding history seems very very suspicious.

i would suspect the guy making most of the bids starting lower is in cahoots with the seller in some capacity; bidding to generate interest and raise the price until some sucker falls for it, then they stop bidding.

for many of the bids they were just up bidding by 2 dollars every time, even when there was no bid overtaking their standing
I don't know the seller but, he seems to do very well on his auctions and sells a lot of high grade pipes and hasn't a need for a shill bidder. Personally I don't think there is a shill involved here, I think it just either someone whom has an axe to grind or maybe even a child that got a hold of mom and dads eBay account. Of course it could be someone or more that just have to have for some reason.

I think this is just a case of morta madness. I've followed auctions on morta pipes quite frequently on eprey and often they not only generate a lot of interest, but sell for much more than retail.