Some people are disgusting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
Well my wife came home with another animal, a 7 month old kitten. I found it hard to be upset though, not because it was cute (which it is), but because some son of a bitch threw the cat out their pickup truck window while traveling down one of the back road highways my wife was using .

God, that's awful.

Don't suppose she managed to get the license plate, did she?

People that do things like that are beyond my comprehension.

The world would be a far better place without them.

Lucky for the kitten that your wife was around.

You've got to be kidding! It always shocks me when I hear about people who have such a blatant disregard for life. Disgusting.

Cat was ok . She slammed the breaks and the kitten came right too her, it is very sweet. She didn't get the plate.

Good thing your wife was there!

So, the obvious question is, are you going to keep it?

If so, we need a thread voting on a name... a pipe and tobacco type of name.

Ya its looking like I don't have much choice. I'm thinking of calling her drive by. :cheers:

gravel":nh8zd1td said:
Good thing your wife was there!

So, the obvious question is, are you going to keep it?

If so, we need a thread voting on a name... a pipe and tobacco type of name.
I had a female tabbie-tortie that I named Charatan :p Had her for 18 years and she loved that name :p

i.keenum":p5b6nkpd said:
Ya its looking like I don't have much choice. I'm thinking of calling her drive by. :cheers:
That is a fantastic name.

There's very few instances where I find myself seeing red, irrationally violent toward my fellow man. I've led a life where I've had good reason to not trust, be leery of and downright dislike other human beings, and that's given me the ability to try and reason with my reactions and try to understand them better. The exception is those who are purposefully cruel or act in blatant disregard to animals.

A friend of mine owned a quasi-flophouse and had a tenant that threw a black, long-haired kitten repeatedly against a wall. This cat's name was Calvin. When I heard about this, we broke into the guy's room (he wasn't there, luckily) to deal with him, and ended up taking and selling most of his stuff. We ended up donating the money (and the rest of the stuff) to the SPCA and left the receipt and donation tax form on the floor of the empty room. His eviction was well heard.

Calvin stayed at the house for many years, until the flophouse owner couldn't afford to keep him. He was a good cat, if not a little messed up in the head (he'd hiss when you pet him, attack his food dish as if it were threatening his life, would be found sleeping in the shower, loved water, and seemed to see and hear things everyone else could not...). I ended up taking him to another fellow, a nice guy who lived nearby who had a stroke. He had an evil cat named Pepper that would attack any person--but not cats. The two crazy cats loved each other, and the poor old guy had a new friend.

About five years later, a black, long-haired cat came to the flophouse. I happened to be hanging out. It slipped through the basement window and ended up in my lap as I sat on a computer making music. He hissed when I pet him. There was a distinctive crook in the end of his tail. Calvin had come back, across town. I tried to call the man who I sent him to, but a woman answered and said he has passed away last week.

What I could tell was Calvin, too, was saying goodbye. He was older now, maybe 13 or 14, had few teeth, gray hairs on his nose, some cloudiness in his eyes...he stayed around the flophouse for about a week, and then vanished. Perhaps hit was his way of saying "thank you," too. I did the best I could, and so did he. I was more messed up about him showing up, then leaving (and knowing why) than I admitted to myself at the time.

I have never really owned a cat, but cats have apparently owned me a few times. They are remarkable animals.

I hope "Drive-by" or "Erin" or whatever this cat ends up being called ends up being the coolest cat in the world for you, Ian. 8) I have a feeling there's something other-worldly at work when an animal painfully leaves the presence of someone unworthy and finds those who are. Animals bounce back (quite literally) far better than humans, and still find it possible to love and trust even after trauma. I suppose, too, that's the lesson I try to learn from them, because if they can do it, so can I.

(Long story, sorry about that.)

8)

Some asshole once threw a pregnant cat out the window of a van right in front of my house. Didn't even slow down. The cat left and we never saw her again.

Kyle Weiss":msoazzgx said:
A friend of mine owned a quasi-flophouse and had a tenant that threw a black, long-haired kitten repeatedly against a wall. This cat's name was Calvin. When I heard about this, we broke into the guy's room (he wasn't there, luckily) to deal with him, and ended up taking and selling most of his stuff. We ended up donating the money (and the rest of the stuff) to the SPCA and left the receipt and donation tax form on the floor of the empty room. His eviction was well heard.
(Long story, sorry about that.)

8)
Oh hells yes--you're kind of my hero. And long stories never warrant an apology, unless they're boring!

Sitting here with the little thing on my lap as we speak. Gonna gave to take her outside sit her on my lap and see is she can tolerate relaxing there while I smoke if she doesn't like the pipe smoke she is gone :p . I kid the little thing is very sweet and seems to be around to stay now. I have two pound dogs and she gets along with both them fine for being a small cat. She seems completely uninjured but guess I need to bring the little flee back to the vet when I get some money so she can have vaccines.

Glad she's settling in. She's dealt with enough B.S. from humans, it's time for a life of true pet luxury.

You still calling her "Drive By?" I was thinking you could call her "Debbie" for short (kind of sounds like D.B., without that other negative connotation the acronym seems to have...). *shrug*

8)

Cats have a way of finding their people. And if they find you, it's for a good reason. To paraphrase something I read somewhere once...cat's exist halfway between this world and the next.

That's always the way it has been in my experience at any rate. We currently have five that have found us one way or another.

Frost":3337wgei said:
Cats have a way of finding their people. And if they find you, it's for a good reason. To paraphrase something I read somewhere once...cat's exist halfway between this world and the next.

That's always the way it has been in my experience at any rate. We currently have five that have found us one way or another.
Agree Frost. Some of my best ones have been strays that decided to make themselves my buddy.

Currently have two, but have had as many as five myself. I grew up with dogs, cats, birds, fish, and while I love dogs and would love to have another they just wouldn't fit in with my work schedule and such.

Cats are fairly low maintenance and that fits with my life right now.

Cheers,

RR