Some pipe pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Williamson":lyeuwitv said:
Nice pipes and nice macro photography as well. If your looking at lenses a 50mm prime is a good choice. Its a great do-all lens.
Thanks for the info.

Great looking pipes. Great way to start a morning by looking at beautiful pipes.

Thanks gentlemen! That Stanny has definitely been the most popular pipe I've ever posted a photo of. It's gotten more comments than most of my other pipes combined. Still looking for another one... :cheers:

Haven't been able to smoke recently, so taking photos has been my hobby lately.

This may sound redundant if you've just read my post about your Ardor pipe, but that is the most beautiful Stanwell I've ever seen. Thanks for posting the pics!

Thanks Uber!
That Stanwell is proof that an affordable pipe can out shine some heavier competition. Now, if I could just find another one!

Love the shape of this one!

dsc_1014.jpg

cakeanddottle":dzixei2y said:
My Jeppesen grade 2 freehand

jep1.jpg
Cool! I'd like to meet Peder Jeppesen. The article in the recent P&T issue about an event he attended at The Briary made me interested. He sounds like a nice guy.

swingerofbirches":nqdxg99b said:
Love the shape of this one!

dsc_1014.jpg

I like it too! This one has the most shockingly thin and comfortable stem of any pipe I've had the pleasure to smoke.

The first one that is the freehand - is that the block of briar it came from? And is it a rest for it now?

Just wondering because it is really cool.

Blue Max":ekq9yy5g said:
The first one that is the freehand - is that the block of briar it came from? And is it a rest for it now?

Just wondering because it is really cool.
Yup. This one's Danish, but I've seen some Japanese carvers do the same kind of thing. Can't figure out how though...

This is a different one (not mine). A bidding war broke out over it, so I didn't bid, but you can see it from another angle.

Tell us about this freehand with lovely antler stem, and maybe a few more shots?
Those shots are pretty good for an amatuer! I can not seem to get the flash right on my point & shoot. Might have to try with my wife's good Canon digital SLR
02611.jpg