Some recent Tom Leedy Acquisitions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joequo

Reaction score
I noticed that a few people on here have showed off their Tom Leedy pipes, so I thought I should show off my two most recent--this man's pipes are an incredible value! I mean, a mechanically excellent, hand-made pipe for around a $100..inconceivable!
First up is the Sir Walter Freehand:

That pipe handles Lancer's Slices perfectly...my only pipe with deer antler so far but the way this one smokes, I might have to spring for another sometime.

The other one I recently got on a whim is the Danish Hammer. This one is a much quicker smoke, as the bowl is pretty small, but I find it's great for smoking a little Three Oaks Syrian.

Pictured here:

You can check his stuff out at: http://tomleedypipes.com/

The Sir Walter is interesting, kind of cob-inspired, if anything. I like it.

Leedy pipes rarely get my juices going, they often look as if they weren't quite completed, but started out with great ideas. He's got his own thing going on, though, which is great.

8)

woah!

i just dug through this guy's site http://tomleedypipes.com/ and he's got some mad skillz!

if i didn't have a wife to return to when work is over, i think i'd have about 10 of these in the mail today!!!!!!

do wish someone could speak up on how they smoke. brothers?

doody.

CORRECTION: only EIGHT that i desperately want to buy, not ten ;-) ;-)

Mr. Doody":t7x3xbkt said:
so how do mister leedy's pipes smoke?

doody.
Hey doody! I own four of Mr. Leedy's pipes and am happy to report that they have all been fantastic smokers. Like all of my pipes, I have found that some tobaccos have harmonized better with one pipe more than another but as far as general smoking performance, Leedy pipes are among the best that I own. I've never gotten a gurgler, that is for sure. One thing to remember is that Leedy pipes generally tend to be quite large (which being a large guy myself suits me great) so look at the specs to make sure you know what you are getting! If you bite the bullet and nab one post it here so I can see! :)

Edit: Also, I'd like to add that one time I ordered a pipe and received it and decided that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would and Tom let me return it and sent me a different one, refunded me the difference and shipped a new one for free! On top of that, he once put my pipe in the mail one day late (like, the 2nd or 3rd business day after I ordered it) which I didn't even notice and gave me a generous refund to my paypal account--all without me noticing or saying anything. This man is great guy to deal with and provides top notch customer service.

thx joequo! mr. leedy is going to be getting some of my money, f'shizzle. will post pics!

doody.