Some thoughts about Jobey . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denholrl

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Some thoughts about Jobey . . . Two years ago, I saw a beautifully blasted Jobey billiard. So, for $20 I took a chance. As it turns out . . . A great smoker. So, I thought maybe I'd do a Jobey sub-collection . . . various shapes. I went back to eBay and bought two more blasted Jobeys and they both smoked poorly. Totaled about $30. I've been getting more interested in Oom Paul's lately and, last week, found a Jobey (smooth) Oom Paul on eBay. Won it for cheap. Came in immaculately clean and smokes like a dream. Go figure. Fortunately, Jobeys are cheap enough that you can buy two to get one good smoker and not feel badly about it.

Rob D.

I collected Jobey's for awhile and they do make some fine pipes but, as many manufactures they do have there mediocre ones. The only thing that I can see about design that bothers me is the reverse tenon. It seems to wear or just loosen from use more often although it's an easy fix. But, I do like that it unscrews for cleaning and replacement. Have fun collecting them sir, I did. ;)

Jobey has existed in so many forms and been produced under so many licenses that there really isn't anything consistent about the brand. I've had real decent Jobey pipes and one just awful piece of crap, and the "Jobey Link" should be called the Jokey Link. Stupid!

But lines like the Jobey Dansk seem fine.

Have a Dansk and big ol' Shellmore bent apple; both purchased in 1969 in Sacramento, Ca. Both fine smokers! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!! :cheers: FTRPLT

I've owned a number of Jobeys over the years; I found them all to be decent smokers.  I think the only ones left are these two Safari shapes, although there may be another lurking around somewhere; for some reason I've always really liked that particular Jobey shape.  The natural I bought new; the blast was one of several given to me by an old friend when he gave up his pipes.  We bought them on the same day back in grad school; they were good pipes to us!  Old memories...

001.jpg

Apologies for the slopped over ash and the stem condition :oops: ...