Someone needs a reamer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quick smoke!! :shock:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's in near perfect condition after you get the cake off, though.

Yeah, E. It looks pretty good. That's usually the sort of thing I'm hunting for. Ironically, though, I already have one exactly like it.

Hmm...Tried to find a link to my old thread, but the PAD/TAD section only goes back 3 pages. What's up with that? :suspect:

Anyway, this one:

I'm getting pretty good at deciphering eBay sellers code,
and I think what the seller is really trying to say is:
"Used, but works great as a paper weight..."

George Kaplan":4ytrryan said:
Hmm...Tried to find a link to my old thread, but the PAD/TAD section only goes back 3 pages. What's up with that? :suspect:
It could have something to do with the auto prune feature. Stuff gets dumped to save space. Not sure though.

Is this kind of cake buildup sheer lack of awareness on the part of the smoker? :scratch: I've never understood letting pipes get to this point.

Those little "burn circles" on the bowl suggest the original owner set the pipe down in an ashtray shared by cigarettes. My buddy James has a great GBD that I thought had burnout marks on the outer bowl, but investigating further, the briar is just fine--until I realized what likely happened.

It might clean up well, provided that isn't a decade of Lakeland cake goo. :lol:

8)

Somebody bought it for twice what I paid for mine, and mine had been thoroughly cleaned when I got it!
I've got two of my neighbor's pipes on my workbench right now with nearly that much cake in them. When I return them he and I are gonna have a little chat about proper pipe maintenance.

Ya think when the smokes started lasting five minutes they would have noticed. Was this a way to show your manliness back on the day? I've seen lots of old pipe with cake like that, and I don't get it.

I have a pretty old Wellington pipe that belongs to my Rashomon buddy Fred... I am going to work on the guts and he's gonna tackle the finish. It's probably older than this poor pipe by 39 years (didn't wan to confuse Monbla :p) and while well-used, has a reasonable cake compared to this.

Sold for double than you paid, GK? Maybe over-caked pipes are worth more. Who knew? :lol:

8)

gravel":ngvsk0a5 said:
Double the price due to all that extra patina.
"Internal patina..." ooooh the ePrey'ers are gonna like that. :lol: Fluffy sales phrases ahoy!

8)