Something For Freehand luvers!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably one-sided, though. A lot of those lower-end tulip freehands are made from ebauchons too small to support the shape, making them gorgeous on one side and bland on the other.

Pretty sure the pics at the bottom of the listing show both sides of the pipe. The only place I see where the grain falters ever so slightly is the very front and back (above the shank) of the bowl, but even that is still quite nice.

The site referenced in the 2nd post has some pretty badass looking 2 sided pipes as well. In the workshop photos on his site he appears to be carving plateau blocks.

Of course, they might still smoke like crap :lol!:

Frost":volg1k2g said:
Pretty sure the pics at the bottom of the listing show both sides of the pipe. The only place I see where the grain falters ever so slightly is the very front and back (above the shank) of the bowl, but even that is still quite nice :lol!:

Naw it's all photoshoped up.. its really a pair of pantyhose.

I just can't figure out why they buffed and sterilized the stem if it is original and unsmoked .

They had to say that, otherwise they couldn't get that crotch thingy that aint made out of panty hose to focus in right and look like a stem.

Frost":fnms2m4c said:
Pretty sure the pics at the bottom of the listing show both sides of the pipe.
So it does. I didn't scroll down originally, thinking those tiny pics bordering the bottom of the listing shot was all I'd find.

Definitely some first class angel hair hap'nin.

We jest, but if that pipe doesn't go up much in price before the end of the auction I might have to buy it.

That seller has a neat looking Jim Cooke bent bulldog thingy too. Might have to buy both. :face:

Actually nevermind. Just remembered my paycheck doesn't come until next week. Crap.

Frost":gm1np8o9 said:
We jest, but if that pipe doesn't go up much in price before the end of the auction I might have to buy it.

That seller has a neat looking Jim Cooke bent bulldog thingy too. Might have to buy both. :face:
:lol: Good luck with that! Even though that Cooke's a smooth and an early production piece it'll still probably go for $350-$400.00. I hate to say it but those early pipes were'nt the greatest things made either. It was quite a learning curve for Jim to transition from pipe repairman to pipemaker. I've seen quite a few early uns' over the years. Half the time the drilling is either waaay off center or the draw is as resticted as possibly imaginable.

I keep checking this thing to see if the bidding price has increased. I'm a fan of the freehand shape. Problem is, I keep trying to convince myself I should bid on it.

shortcircuit":fgu62xrv said:
I keep checking this thing to see if the bidding price has increased. I'm a fan of the freehand shape. Problem is, I keep trying to convince myself I should bid on it.
I put it on my watch list, It looks like a good-un. I won't bid cause that purchase i made a little while ago now I'm finished for a while, except for watching.

It would please me if you could get it!!!
Good Luck