Sonos sound system

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smg913

Reaction score
well I have just set up my sonos wireless sound system and holy crap its great!!! anyone who is thinking about a sound system for there house and wants to go wireless this is it. my wife wasn't too happy about the price but i don't think she will complain to much after her first movie with the new sound system.

now i just have to figure a way to get the mail before she sees the new pipe i bought  :D 

smg913":gdcwrm4l said:
now i just have to figure a way to get the mail before she sees the new pipe i bought  :D 
Hey, Good luck with that. ;) 

Well the pipe came in and after an army crawl to the mail box in the cover of dark I was able to covertly retrieve my new pipe

I will post some pics in a bit

We are starting construction on a house this next year.

We want to try setting up Sonos for a whole home system. Did you set up different zones or just one room?

I started with the play bar which is used for the TV sound system and I have one play one speaker and one play five. I am currently using the smaller but powerful play one speaker as a portable speaker I take it out to the shop and bring it outside when I bbq . the bigger play 5 I keep in the living room. I have not set up Ones as of now but I will in the near future it is easy :sleep:  to group speakers together and pair them. When I get some more money together I will be making zones and getting the sub woofer

Sounds like a good plan.

The attraction for me is to have music always playing softly for ambiance on the front and back porches while using the sound system for other things in the house.

I currently use a Bose Bluetooth speaker off the MacBook Pro which I can control remotly with my phone. The range is the issue with Bluetooth.

I love the idea of not running any speaker wires!

yeah the sonos system is amazing I have doubled the amount of time I listen to music. there are great radio stations with the sonos system and you can use your amazon music your I tunes and just about any other music streaming system. as long as you have a 110v outlet you can put these speakers anywhere in your house.

I have been looking into purchasing a 5 and a 1 to start. Good to know that they get your ringing endorsement. A woman I work with absolutely loves her Sonos setup.

+1 here. i've got a pair of 5s and a 1. gonna get another 1 for the bathroom.

if you're a nut about sound quality, you'll want to stick to the 5s or above, and pair them to get proper stereo imaging. imo/fwiw/ymmv.

i have a sonos:connect i use to feed my main speakers (meridian).

big big fan of sonos. they're a good company and make some damn nice products.

doody.