Sound of Noise

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlejazz

Reaction score
Holy shit, I watched this movie today and I have to say it's one of the best ones I've seen in a while. It's a Swedish crime movie about a group of musical terrorists and a tone-deaf policeman hunting them down.

Has anyone else seen this one? Liked it? Hated it?

I'd totally recommend this to anyone who is into drumming or just weird but very entertaining movies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZSYQ0IbNsBw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I just died of happy squealing. :heart:

Haven't even heard of it. Where can something like this be seen?

8)

Ha! I totally couldn't help thinking about you when watching this. :D

Internet helped me to see it :oops: , and apparently there's DVD. Don't know what renting movies is like where you are, could it be found?

I haven't watched many Swedish movies but I've heard they've made some cool ones during the past few years. Should really interview a Swede about this.

That looks pretty cool, Beets. I can't remember the last Swedish film I saw, but was probably equally weird because, well, Swedes are like that. ;)

Yes it had the sort of absurd thing to it I found very similar to some Danish movies I've seen, except wihout the gruesome/disturbing humor (which I like!).

Sweden is a great country. I often entertain the thought of moving there for a while, but somehow I'm afraid I'm too lazy & fond of my close friends.

I'll find a way to get it one way or the other. Maybe I'll just buy it...seems like a nifty thing to let friends borrow to blow their minds if it's that good... :scratch: Perhaps?

8)

beetlejazz":fo12wj72 said:
Yes it had the sort of absurd thing to it I found very similar to some Danish movies I've seen, except wihout the gruesome/disturbing humor (which I like!).
Come to think of it, I've seen some pretty bizarre films from Finland as well, but nothing recently.

Kyle, ever heard of GreenCine? (AKA: hipsters' Netflix) I used to have a membership back before Netfix had streaming video. They specialize in less mainstream films. I don't know if GreenCine does streaming now or not. It's been a while since I paid attention to that sort of thing. They were the only ones I could find with a copy of Johnny Firecloud. Also, GreenCine was responsible for me accidentally watching not one, but two transgender sports dramas from Thailand based on true stories.

George, that's interesting because I've always found Finnish films such a bore. It's a very Kaurismäki-dominated field here and while some of those movies I've seen have been interesting enough, I still can't seem to really get into them. Of course there's Reindeerspotting, which I haven't seen yet, and probably should... at least it would be different. The best piece of cinema with Finnish staff behind it I've seen was definitely the documentary Canned Dreams... but the best part of that one had definitely to do with the personality of the vengeful butcher. The man alone was like a shocking French movie come alive, and the makers of the documentary just polished the gem out.

Kyle, I wouldn't mind owning this movie myself, the cinematography and soundscapes really got me (gotta love the piece of music they do with drums and a speeding car) and it's easy enough a watch to be watched several times (in parts a bit like a music video), but when it really comes down to it I'm a risky person to take movie recommendations from. I have high tolerance for weirdness and as a fundamentally slow person it's difficult to find a movie too slow paced for me, so I have no idea what comes out as "boring" for others. When I look for new movies to watch on IMDB, I tend to browse the "hated it" comments because the info I find there is most relieable. Also, there might be some cultural stuff there - the glimpses to the ah so fantastically annoying Swedish bourgeoisness made me chuckle several times. So I can't promise that you would love it, but I did think of you while watching it because it dealt with the thin line between noise and music.