SPC Potlatch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
I've been sitting on this for some time now, and finally got to open it.. I find it very reminiscent of Frog Morton On The Bayou, and rather close to my own Calliope's Choice. Flavour profile, volume of smoke, a dusky sweetness with a nice woody taste. Perfect moisture content required no drying time from tin to light.

Nicely done Joe!

OW, I too enjoyed this fine blend in the past. I have three tins aging a bit more before cracking one open. It's an excellent blend and those who were/are lucky enough too have tried it, purchase a few more. It gets better with about 5 years of aging IMHO.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I had no idea it had been in production that long! So, does it smooth out or get brighter in flavor? I think it's pretty good now, and would dread it getting too muddied in flavor......

OW, it's been on the market for a few years, not many. Your correct, it's good fresh but it definitely gets smoother with age and a richer flavor. Not muddy by any means. This and other blends fron SPC you must stock up on, after May of 2018 these fine blends from SPC might be gone if the FDA gets their way. Hopefully not???

KEEP ON PUFFING.

Tried this and it just didn't do it for me. Got a sample from another brother and passed it along. Nothing wrong with it of course, it just wasn't to my tastes.

Cheers,

RR

Rande, after 2 to 3 years of aging makes all the difference with this blend. Other pipe smokers also found it better with some aging.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

One of my favorites.
IMG_20160930_192317429.jpg

I find I'm enjoying my ribbon cut blends more and more. Just too lazy lately to prep baccy.

Leacha, I know many pipe smokers that really enjoy this fine blend. I could enjoy a bowl full everyday but it's not for everyone. I also let a pipe full air dry on one of my tobacco trays for about 30 minutes before stuffing my pipe. I've yet to have a SPC blend I did not enjoy.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

This one sounds like it might be right up my alley. I like be SPC Plum Pudding so might as well give this a try.