Special Pipe Tampers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregandrews

Reaction score
Here are two pipe tampers I had a friend of mine make.  The casings are from my smoking buddy's father who past away suddenly.  I asked a brother of the gentleman who passed away if I could have one to make the tamper for my buddy.  He thought that was such an awesome idea that he pulled another casing out of his pocket so I could have one also. It was a full military service and these are the actual casings that were fired during the salute.
DSC00678_zps02a6e2d8.jpg
" />

These are the three I had made for actual use.  The casings are from my 44mag.
DSC00677_zps85c19c98.jpg
" />

What wonderful and thoroughly delightful remembrance mementoes, such a nice thought, I take it your smoking buddy is now the proud owner of one, I bet he loves it. :) 

Wow, those are beautiful. What do you carve with? The paint detail on that feather is also amazing.

Just beautiful work, and the thought behind it just as beautiful.

Thank you all for your kind words. I will pass the comments onto the gentleman who made them. My smoking buddy was speechless when I presented it to him. He got a little choked up...but in a good way. I failed to mention that on the other side opposite the pipe carving I had his Dad's initials engraved.

Kirk, Im not sure what he uses to carve the antlers. I know a dremel is involved but don't know what is used for the extremely small details.