spicy ffod before smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
Just had some hot wings and decided to have a smoke afterwards. All I could taste was the spicyness of the wings, ruined the smoke. Live and learn.

Boxerbuddy":ul1i4eeo said:
Just had some hot wings and decided to have a smoke afterwards. All I could taste was the spicyness of the wings, ruined the smoke. Live and learn.
Wow, good tip. No pipe after the salsa picante, sweaty brow and apple sodas at the taco trucks, either...

...is that considered PRE-Montezuma's Revenge? Yikes. :lol:

haha Kyle...Monteczuma's revenge will be nothing compared to the revenge enacted upon you by your butthole.

I find that if one drinks large amounts of beer with spicy food, then a pipe tastes pretty good afterwards !!! (I am actually semi-serious: beer and spicy food go well together, and salves the palate).

Long ago I discovered that buttermilk is a great quencher for hot spices. I love the taste of it too, but unfortunately not many restaurants serve buttermilk.

Steve

Spicy food with beer, then buttermilk followed by a pipe???? I do not think my stomach would like that !?!?!?

I've had the pipe ruin the taste and enjoyment of spicy food, but I've always been able to enjoy a pipe after spicy food. Funny, how the palate works... :)

Boxerbuddy":ph1ezjy4 said:
haha Kyle...Monteczuma's revenge will be nothing compared to the revenge enacted upon you by your butthole.
THATS WHY YOU EAT JALAPENOS WITH ICE CREAM SO THE NEXT DAY ON THE BOWL YOU ARE SAYING COMON ICE CREAM. :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

I recall once having had a very spicy burger--had ghost pepper sauce on it, hot enough to make your ears hurt--and getting home to have a smoke, by which time the pain had died down. Smoothest smoke I've ever had. No bite at all, very sweet and I could taste all the flavors. I'm looking into getting some of that sauce for myself and dosing myself with it before each smoke. ^^;

Father Eli":4z0xsa4b said:
I recall once having had a very spicy burger--had ghost pepper sauce on it, hot enough to make your ears hurt--and getting home to have a smoke, by which time the pain had died down. Smoothest smoke I've ever had. No bite at all, very sweet and I could taste all the flavors. I'm looking into getting some of that sauce for myself and dosing myself with it before each smoke. ^^;
:lol!: I see we have a sadist smoker. 8) Interesting. :lol:

I'd imagine that eating foods spicy enough to make your ears hurt fell under masochism, not sadism. Though there are plenty of reasons to eat hot foods like that. Capsaicin's been proven to greatly reduce your risk of prostate cancer, help prevent ulcers (of course if you have them already you're not going to be happy about them), strengthen your body against any foodborne infections... worth the short-term discomfort, I imagine.

And, in my anecdotal case, made my mouth less prone to reacting to the pipe smoke.

Boxerbuddy":lcm3hc18 said:
Just curious, what kind of tobacco did you smoke? I smoked some Dunhill Viginia flake (which is pretty liight) after eating Korean food ( which is wickedly hot) and enjoyed it. Solani Burley might also go well with spicy food. Just be sure to smoke very slowly. Tongue bite would be veryu unpleasant :)

Bill

Ruins of Isengard, as it were. Being a young pipe smoker and new to the whole thing, I was drawn to the Middleearth series of tobaccos by Just For Him.

I like spicy food but the wife doesn't, so its rare that I eat something really hot and then immediately smoke a pipe. One afternoon, it was too late for lunch but too early for dinner so I ended up eating three apples. I then went and had a smoke and I couldn't taste anything at all. Too much acid I guess. :scratch: