Spring Forward Box Pass?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Folks, unless Mike steps up it looks like SFBP will end this year. Mike had some trouble the last year he did it, I had trouble last year. Its a good concept but for what ever reason it hasn't worked correctly as of late...

We are considering a Secret Santa type event in its place.. No firms plans but it is being discussed .

Any thoughts, opinions, ideas?

Southern Freedom Brotherhood of Pipe.
We all dress in Confederate Uniforms, smoke pipe, and cuss Yankees.

spring forward box pass.

puros_bran":hwufa7dp said:

spring forward box pass.
:lol!:

puros_bran":ifrb9roy said:
Ahhh...time for an avatar change!

Jim

I, personally, liked the one box pass I was here to participate in. I can see how it could be work and involve some hassle to get it all together and administer it, though. I don't have the time, patience, or temparement to do it and appreciate those who have stepped up to do it. Missing it won't take me off BoB but it will be missed.

I have had particularly nice Santas and enjoyed that, too. I could handle partcipating in something like that more than once a year.

Will stay tuned.

..ok..
Anyone gotta name for a late spring early summer secret Santa..
And puuulease don't say "Christmas in july"

Not very creative - Easter Exchange - the only thing I like about it is that it isn't PC.

B rothers
O f
B riar
C ellar
A djustment
T rade

S pring
T obacco
A quisition
R elay

T in
O r
B ulk
A nonomous
C ampaign

Though I can't participate due to other higher priority activities, may I suggest this years box pass be named in honor of Ken Collins--- "The 2011 Pipetongue Pass"

Jim..having overworked his tongue on previous passes

Ol'Dawg":49jtgyst said:
Though I can't participate due to other higher priority activities, may I suggest this years box pass be named in honor of Ken Collins--- "The 2011 Pipetongue Pass"

Jim..having overworked his tongue on previous passes
While I have not been around long enough to have known Ken...this seems a fitting tribute for this board. So I second it!

Personally, I love Secret Santa-type things, especially on a board like BoB. It seems like it would be fitting to dedicate it to Ken's memory.

I like STAR and BOBCAT, although I think a singular box - pass are more fun. You get more people involved and a more indepth pass. I guess it could also be a duo-box pass going from east to west and another from west to east, this would make smaller boxes and still have a series of participants per box and not just one or two for a box. I would take the time to start one, but I have a more meager cellar to start with. ??? any thoughts

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t12127-the-1st-annual-ken-collins-exchange