St Bruno Flake now in the U.S..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":jdkcorcw said:
fsu92john":jdkcorcw said:
But yes, it IS expensive. :scratch:
Aye, it is isn't it!

:|

There again, it's available in the states finally. So pay up or shut up. It won't get any cheaper!

;)

Cheers,

RR
Yep, just ordered some. :)

fsu92john":u6ze7r2u said:
But yes, it IS expensive. :scratch:
I was looking so forward to this release, but I refuse to pay 16 bucks for 50g's of tobacco.

I consider Solani ABF, 633 and Silver Flake to be my high water mark for tinned tobacco price. The asking price for St. Bruno Flake is 5 dollars more than Aged Burley Flake.

Adios, Mac Baren :x

The equivalent to 16 bucks would be a very good price for 50g of baccy here in the UK!

Cheaper than ordering it from Northern Ireland like I have been! :D

edit: I note that the Flake is in a 'proper' tin rather than the plastic tray in a pouch like it has been. Interesting....

What is the topping on St. Bruno like? Are their any Gawith blends it is close to? I've read BB # 2 which too me has almost a Violet topping.

Yes, the price is good compared to the UK, no doubt.
I shall still shut up mates as I am not paying that price for an OTC tobacco, even if it's a glorified version coming in a tin. Yes, it's good, but not that good to me. Considering the exchange rate I will be the subject of increases its price and not in an unsignificant way. :clown:
Gold Block is available as well, also in a tin, for the same price, for those interested.

I can't wrap my head around Mac Baren's price structure. 5 dollars more buys me 100g's of Old Dark Fired. Yet if I were to buy 2 tins of St. Bruno, I'd be spending the cash equivalent of 250g's of St. James Flake or FVF.  

So my question is, what am I paying for? The right for Mac Baren to sell the label?

Anyway, done beating the dead horse here.

One of the joys of traveling from Kenya to the States once a year is that we usually have a stopover in London, meaning I can pick up 5x50g pouches of St. Bruno's Flake or Condor for like $35 at the duty-free shop.

joshoowah":qok913f1 said:
One of the joys of traveling from Kenya to the States once a year is that we usually have a stopover in London, meaning I can pick up 5x50g pouches of St. Bruno's Flake or Condor for like $35 at the duty-free shop.
I. Am. So. Jealous. :no: :no:

Bugsahearn":m9233thl said:
What is the topping on St. Bruno like? Are their any Gawith blends it is close to? I've read BB # 2 which too me has almost a Violet topping.
The floral note is very subtle; the dark-fired Kentucky is actually more noticeable than the floral elements.

DrumsAndBeer":a26wsi6s said:
I can't wrap my head around Mac Baren's price structure. 5 dollars more buys me 100g's of Old Dark Fired. Yet if I were to buy 2 tins of St. Bruno, I'd be spending the cash equivalent of 250g's of St. James Flake or FVF.  

So my question is, what am I paying for? The right for Mac Baren to sell the label?

Anyway, done beating the dead horse here.
Shareholders MUST make a profit !! It;s buidness, just buidness !! :twisted: :twisted: