St. James Flake from the new batch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoked a bowl of the SJF that I got on Thursday and it was bad and it smelt like burnt fire didn't even finish the bowl. Im waiting to hear back from the etailer and there will be a credit for it I would think. I have FVF, Best Brn, Sams, Choc Flake and Bracken Flake and it sure isn't any of those and its not Navy Flake I don't think so who knows what it is.

nate560":6avkotbs said:
I smoked a bowl of the SJF that I got on Thursday and it was bad and it smelt like burnt fire didn't even finish the bowl. Im waiting to hear back from the etailer and there will be a credit for it I would think. I have FVF, Best Brn, Sams, Choc Flake and Bracken Flake and it sure isn't any of those and its not Navy Flake I don't think so who knows what it is.
Does your bad batch of SJF contain Latakia, as well?

Yes and I would say alot. My wife says it smells burnt and it smokes bad.

I've been instructed to return the "not SJF."
This is pointless; it can't be resold.
SG should have replaced or refunded the "not SJF,"
and told customers to do whatever they wanted with it.
I'm sending it back, but I'm miffed at the inconvenience.
I don't care; I don't really want it, but since I have
sufficient quantity of FVF put away, I'm through with SG.

I was told the same thing return it. I would never have smoked it so it doesn't make much difference to me but S&G should have said keep it and gave us a credit. I too have a good supply of St James, Best Brn and FVF so I wont be buying anymore for along time.

Hermit":g36jfml3 said:
All my FVF is fine and a pound of BBF is fine.
It's just the pound of SJF that's kagoo.
I don't know what it is, but it ain't SJF.
Rich at 4noggins is in touch with SG to
figure out what to do about it.
Dang Hermit,
I have been away for 3 weeks, was not aware of this thread!!!!
WOW man, you guys have me real worried now!

Must say I have been on heavy doses of FVF and BBF this past week. Mudd has dug into a huge batch of New FVF waiting in anticipation to see what happens here.
Hope all will be well!!!
Keep us posted on the SJF saga!

Hermit":cnamvw49 said:
Did you buy any St. James Flake?
No, thankfully!!!!!!
after hearing your story I am glad we didn't, thanks for the heads up Hermit!