Stanwell Pipe of the Year Questions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAEarl

Reaction score
Since I recently acquired my new to me Stanwell I have been searching in earnest for information concerning it and the others that have been featured as the Pipe of the Year. The information that had been on the silver plate has been removed so I have no clue to it other than what I have been able to gleen from the web. I think the shape is a 240 Lightweight Red Sandblast but have not been able to locate another of that style with the silver plate. I have found little on the Pipe of the Year "line" or much reason for them for that matter.

I think these were seasonal pipes for sale during the Christmas season, or so I have read on the net somewhere, but nothing on how they chose what models that were deemed the Pipe of the Year or when this line began. The earliest model I have found was dated in the mid 70's. Did they make them later than that? Is there a listing of what pipe were designated during these years?

Thanks Brothers :)

Well after a while and some browsing through some of the catalogs I wasn't able to find much more than I already knew. I guess it would have helped if I understood German, and I really didn't have the time to use a translator (maybe later). But it was a very informational site :) I will continue to look more there, as it is a close your eyes and pick deal.

If anyone else has any infomation to offer I would be most happy to listen/read.

I admit it’s a bit difficult to find your way through the structure of the site that is very complex. Especially if you don’t have a clue what shape number or year you’re looking for.

If a translation of some specific passages would help, I’d be glad to assist you.