Stanwell pipe of the year

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipedJimmy

Reaction score
Heya, anybody know whether these pipes are any good? I found an estate at a reasonable price

I'm willing to wager that just about any Stanwell is better than good. Haven't been disappointed yet, doubt I ever will be. Estates are usually a great way to find out for yourself.

thanks Rusty Mouse, I do have one Stanwell and that smokes very well. Though I think my eyes have now set on a Savinelli Virginia

I've been told that Stanwell is no longer made in Denmark. You might want to rethink your plan.

I've got recent Stanwells made in Italy and older ones made in Denmark; I think they're all great. Briar, drilling, etc. all top notch especially for the price.

Yeah, to be honest, I've heard nothing but good things about them, and my own certainly smokes well. I went for the Savinelli in the end, pretty much because it looks nicer ha ha, I'm a shallow man.

Does anyone know anything about the Virginia range? I've been on several sites and they all seem to have varying descriptions.