Stanwell shape 30

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
This might be my prettiest pipe, grain-wise and also one of my favorite Stany shapes:

Man that birdseye is nice.

I'm a weird dood... Most people like straight grains for the straight grain.. I like them because they usually produce amazing birdseye.

puros_bran":rqhpki0q said:
Man that birdseye is nice.

I'm a weird dood... Most people like straight grains for the straight grain.. I like them because they usually produce amazing birdseye.
I'm with you PB! I am more partial to a cross grain with full birdseye on the sides of the bowl.

Beautiful pipe Frost!

I kinda agree...it isn't usually the straight grain of a pipe that captures my eye, it is the birdseye, especially around the rim of the bowl. I would love a pipe that was all birdseye.

OK.....................I'll take it.
PM Sent for instructions

:geek:
Great lookin pipe, my man !

I have a strict policy of accepting nothing less than a human sacrifice in trade for any of my pipes. :lol:

Beautiful grain sir. I have a Stanwell and absolutely love the way it smokes, but it's not near as pretty as yours.

Yep. That's a beaut Frost. The shape #30 is my absolute favorite of all time. I own at least one in every finish and they all smoke wonderfully.

I too have a Stan with sick grain. This thing is 100% fill free and there's almost no washout in the grain. If it were stamped "Tao" it would cost about $950.00 more than I paid :lol:

Stanstr8grain09001.jpg

Stanstr8grain09004.jpg

Wow! Which shape and finish is that Doc? I am diggin' it.

Shape 185 maybe?

Gorgeous Dock! I love that shape :D If it's the 185, that's an S Bang design.

I have owned/smoked many popular brands but for some reason have never owned a Stanwell... those are 2 nice looking pieces of wood guys!

Sorry for the delay guys... It is indeed a shape #185. You can really see the Bang influence in it too. Picked it up from Paul Bonacquisti last year for fifty bucks. Mark my words guys, Danish made Stanwells are about to go waaaaaay waaaay up in value. They're just now getting the respect that they deserve. I've been buying them now whenever I see them....

Sir
Beautiful pipe love the shape and the grain is perfect. Thanks for sharing
Best Regards
Richard

Danish_Pipe_Guy":1elyl949 said:
Sorry for the delay guys... It is indeed a shape #185. You can really see the Bang influence in it too. Picked it up from Paul Bonacquisti last year for fifty bucks. Mark my words guys, Danish made Stanwells are about to go waaaaaay waaaay up in value. They're just now getting the respect that they deserve. I've been buying them now whenever I see them....
Doc..... Whatya doin' with my pipe bro, Have a 185 just like it!

Frost ........ sweet chunk of wood bro...... better than mine!