Start of Third Week

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know we had a small success related to my blood work late this week. We weren't expecting it and the doctors are pleasantly surprised. So, much like Gandalf at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm I will keep the enemy at bay while I know a whole host of Brothers stand behind me. I'm very tired and physically beat up but never felt stronger mentally. As a confederate soldier said crossing into Maryland, "none but the heros are left now". Thanks again for all your very kind notes. They mean a lot and give me a wonderful lift of spirits. Best. - Tom

Great news and congratulations. Hopefully surprising the doctors will become a habit.

Since you're a confederate soldier marching north I'm gathering hard tack and beans for when you arrive. :lol!:

Great news Tom! Your positive attitude is to be admired. Hope you start to get some of your physical strength back very soon brother!

Thank you for sharing such wonderful news! Very glad to hear it :D

Keep at it Bro Tom..

Mark, Southerners have never had a desire to be in that part of the nation... Matter o fact I know quite a few that would lift a cheer if all the latitude changing thoroughfare were non-existent.

Tom, I'm so happy to hear good news on your end! It may be small but good news is good news and I hope it marks the beginning of a trend for you. Will continue to send prayers/good vibes your way brother. Now give 'em hell!

Jim

Pip pip Tom. That really is tremendous news. Onwards my friend, onwards...

Thanks everybody. Really appreciate the posts. There was a famous officer in the Civil War who was terribly wounded, told that it was certainly fatal, and that there was no record of anyone surviving. He replied, "Then I'll be the first name in the book". I recited my doctors that story and told them to get their pencils out and to make sure they spell my name right...... Thanks again. - Tom

Great news, Tom. You are a winner with that kind of spirit! Congratulations on the news.

Well done Tom!

You are in my daily prayers Brother.

Hi everybody. Having a pretty good week. My hematology numbers were down about 25% across the board so the new drug regimen looks like it's taken hold. While too early to declare even a slight win, it is very heartening to see things move in the right direction for once. I'm extremely tired, bleeding a lot, very high fevers, and a whopper of a headache but my spirits are good and each day I'm ready to fight another day. Thanks so much for your notes. They are very much appreciated.

Tom

TMacphersonNH":0wk0cic7 said:
Hi everybody. Having a pretty good week. My hematology numbers were down about 25% across the board so the new drug regimen looks like it's taken hold. While too early to declare even a slight win, it is very heartening to see things move in the right direction for once. I'm extremely tired, bleeding a lot, very high fevers, and a whopper of a headache but my spirits are good and each day I'm ready to fight another day. Thanks so much for your notes. They are very much appreciated.

Tom
Any good news is good news Tom. Keep on fighting the good fight brother!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Amen! I'll take this as a response to my PM. Lol.

Tom when you get out and about and are ready to smoke some aged tobacco I have some treats to send you...

I'm envious of your fighting spirit,,can't keep a good man down. We're with you till you've beaten this.

Pay no attention to PB,,,his idea of good aged tobacco is a six month old banana daiquiri aromatic.