Steelers.... What the...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
The throwback uniforms. Looks like Tigger bred with some oversized mutant bumble bee. Epic fail :lol:

But, they're playin well. Maybe they should keep wearin em. Maybe the Redskins just can't play football and laugh at the same time :lol:

The Redskins just can't play Steeler football.

They had what -- 11 dropped passes ?

Buncha' p*ssy wide receivers. They must not be used to defenders hitting them.

Now if we could just stop getting kickoff-/punt-returns for
touchdowns/l . . o . . n . .g gainers called back on d*ckheaded penalties by special teams dimwits . . .

:cat: :face: :study:

Yeah those Steelers uni's were an epic embarrassment. However, when you can come out dressed like that and still win the game, that's Macho.

My four year old asked me if they were the Bumble-Bees.

DrumsAndBeer":n6ez8g3x said:
Yeah those Steelers uni's were an epic embarrassment. However, when you can come out dressed like that and still win the game, that's Macho.

My four year old asked me if they were the Bumble-Bees.
I had to go look at the uniforms after what y'all have said. No wonder they won, looking at those uniforms makes ya' dizzy. :lol:

rsz_al10.jpg

I hope the Bronco's wear their throwbacks tonight...it's the only uni that comes remotely close to matching the Steelers' monstrosity.

Last weekend was great though - I always love to see Pat the Patriot and Bucco Bruce make an appearance!

Edit: And by throwbacks, I don't mean the lighter blue and orange of the Elway era. I mean these suckers:
broncos-throwback.jpg

I like them, despite my dislike for the Steelers. They truly look like throw-backs from a different time. Good one on them. They sure took apart the Redskins and RGIII. I knew they would be peaking as the Ravens start to disintegrate....we still face them two times this season.

I think it's kind of neat that sports teams and individual players (noticeable in baseball) are starting to "go back" a little with the uniform styling...things sure are going back full-circle, huh? Hopefully sportsmanship and less "superstardom" follows.

8)

Kyle Weiss":ekdlt6zd said:
I think it's kind of neat that sports teams and individual players (noticeable in baseball) are starting to "go back" a little with the uniform styling...things sure are going back full-circle, huh? Hopefully sportsmanship and less "superstardom" follows.

8)
Ha! Don't hold your breathe waiting for that, Kyle. I've come to like you here too much and would miss your posts... ;) :lol:

Simple Man":k86zqmmw said:
Ha! Don't hold your breathe waiting for that, Kyle. I've come to like you here to much and would miss your posts... ;) :lol:
I'll make sure to die at the mercy of the desert, getting stranded merely as coyote food than waiting for sports to be less corporate and more honorable. It's a pipe dream, true. "Always has been, always will be." Hey, on a positive note, at least the good ones shine more brightly.

8)

OK -- Back on topic.

Ever seen a more crookedly officiated game in your life ? New York (Commissioner Stinkwad in attendance) was clearly intended to come out with a "feel good win" for NYC. It was beyond even transparent and blatant.

But it just peeved the Steelers off. :lol!:

Mike Tomlin":b238rx1w said:
Whoop people's asses. That's football.

Yak":kswr866g said:
New York (Commissioner Stinkwad in attendance) was clearly intended to come out with a "feel good win" for NYC. It was beyond even transparent and blatant.
I hate to agree with you, but that first touchdown drive had me thinking the same think. I didn't think it was too bad after that though. Steelers won fair and square in the end.

I'm assuming you agree with the PI call that moved NY from their 35 to the Pgh. 35.

But then there was Clark's block in the end zone -- while the ball was still in the air -- that got called a helmet hit on 3rd down. Replay shows it was a legal shoulder hit to the midsection ; the NY guy left the field with sore ribs. No head contact. That gave them a first from the one & 7 when they would have had to settle for three -- a four point swing.

(That's even conceding that NY scored on the ball extension past the plane of the goal after the runner was already down with the ball about a foot shy of it).

Then we come to the curiously incomplete forward pass-looking "fumble" that traveled maybe 5 yards upfield through the air before it hit the ground. Even Mike Peralta (retired head of NFL officiating) tweeted that call was bad. Oh, and the flagrant block in the back of Heath Miller who was pursuing the lineman who'd picked the ball up toward the end zone that wasn't called on that same play. 4 + 7 = 11 point swing courtesy of the same crew of turkeys that mutilated Superbowl XL.

I agree with all three. No pass interference, legal hit in the end zone (though, ill advised) and that Bradshaw didn't make it into the end zone. The call in the end zone was wrong but wasn't as egregious as the other two. In real time, it looked bad.

I don't agree about the fumble. That was no forward pass. The hit knocked the ball loose and Ben did what he's supposed to, tried to make it look like a throw. The refs got that one right.

The hit to the ribs in the end zone was a travesty. But, I do agree that was a fumble. The Steelers took it to them, that is for sure. I dread playing them twice in three weeks..........one if not both will be a Ravens roast......

PS : Yeah, admittedly, you can selectively magnify the "loss of control" aspect into the whole picture, but it's in the face of the fundamental "arm going forward" principle. Same Talmudic bullshit mentality that they used to rule Troy's interception in the Colts/Steelers playoff game (2005 season) a "fumble" after he'd caught it and run 10 yards.

I'm HIGHLY suspicious of the way they have Catch-22s like that to turn obvious calls (like the ground cannot cause a fumble) inside out (contact with the ground jarred the ball semi-loose, so it's not a completed pass reception).

It's NICE to see us finally playing the way the Steelers of years past have. If they keep it up, "Seventh Heaven" is on the horizon.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass . . .