Stephen Downie Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon65

Reaction score
Well I just sent the deposit on my pipe from Stephen Downie. I have been admiring his designs and finally saved enough extra cash to get one done for myself. I have been waiting for several months for my name to come up on his long line of commission pipes. I cannot wait to see how it is going to turn out. He and I both share a love of HP Lovecraft stories and we came up with a theme based around them. I really just let him guide the creativity and his rough ideas sound amazing. This is the first time I have ever had an artist commissioned for anything but Stephen made it really easy to get going on it. He is even going to send pics as he completes it. I will share pics when I can.

He certainly carves some magnificent works of art. Can't wait to see the pics.

Well I just sent the deposit on my pipe from Stephen Downie. I have been admiring his designs and finally saved enough extra cash to get one done for myself. I have been waiting for several months for my name to come up on his long line of commission pipes. I cannot wait to see how it is going to turn out. He and I both share a love of HP Lovecraft stories and we came up with a theme based around them. I really just let him guide the creativity and his rough ideas sound amazing. This is the first time I have ever had an artist commissioned for anything but Stephen made it really easy to get going on it. He is even going to send pics as he completes it. I will share pics when I can.

He's an AMAZING carver! One of my favorites. I'm sure you're going to love your new pipe.

Congrats.

I've been following Stephen's stuff for a while. IMO he is one of the more talented North American carvers.

You're a very lucky guy. To me, he's the zenith in terms of both art and craft. Your choice of a Lovecraft theme is certainly right up his alley. I'll really look forward to seeing this one. Do you have any idea at all of an ETA?

He seems to be pretty excited about. He mentioned it taking a week or so to complete. I feel very blessed to get the chance to own ome of hos pieces!

This is what happens when you cross the forty mark and you try to type without useing your reading glasses. Not mention I was also watching Bogey in the Maltese Falcon.

Falcon65":6bm17p24 said:
This is what happens when you cross the forty mark and you try to type without useing your reading glasses. Not mention I was also watching Bogey in the Maltese Falcon.
Awesome flick! One of my personal favorites.

Btw, Blackhorse, I love the Basil Rathbone pic! He was a most excellent S. Holmes!

When Borders Books went out of business in Knoxville last year I got a whole box set of Bogart movies for 45.00. It has all the classics in it. I would love to find a J. Cagney set as well. I love the old B&W movies.

He makes some great pipes, congratulations. A lot of his pipes are a bit too far off the beaten path for me, but still nicely made. The few times I have commissioned a pipe, I specify what I want, just not much into the letting the artisan flow kind of thing. I still expect their style to show thru whatever it is I want. Be sure and post pics, would love to see them.

Congrats! I would love to have one of his pipes! Maybe someday..

I accidently posted this twice and did not realize it till today. I can be such a dumb A** sometimes :oops: .

Stephen is a fine carver and a terrific guy.

I am familiar with him from way back when he started making pipes. We were members of Smokers Forums at the time. He would post pics of his early efforts and you could just tell even though his work wasn't fully refined, he had that "certain something" that would carry him far.