Still around - a good day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieveryuu

Reaction score
With all of the snow, wind, and rain as well as the fact that I cannot smoke in the apartment I have not had a good pipe in while. That changed today. Have never been one to really do anything about my birthday other than note its passing. However, I have a small group of friends, slowly made over the last 6 or so years, which suggested it might be worth my time to use it as a chance to get together with them. That idea mostly sunk in and now that it is my birthday and I am in Boston, they are not at hand to join me for a beer or whisky and a lot of good conversation. Forget the birthday, I just want the conversation and to be around people who appreciate a good drink and either like or do not mind my pipe. Thankfully I have met one guy here who is a pipe smoker, a philosopher, a whisky drinker, a well rounded and all around nice guy. He was kind enough to join me at one of the local cigar bars for a whisky and a pipe. It was a nice change of pace.

As you see, I am still around, however, the new semester is well underway and that does not leave me with a lot of time unfortunately.

Back to my work. Thanks for being here.