Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent him/her a message about offering counterfeit tins, I am interested in the reply.

They should have at least sized the labels to the tins and centered them!

The listing person is defending them, telling me to ask "Esoterica" if I doubt him. He doesn't even know it's made by J.F. Germain & Son. What a putz.

I saw on another forum that someone bought two of these tins from The Briary, perhaps someone could give them a call?
No point in slagging off anyone until you know the truth!

Fatman":wb1963tk said:
The listing person is defending them, telling me to ask "Esoterica" if I doubt him. He doesn't even know it's made by J.F. Germain & Son. What a putz.
I got a similar response:

"These are new. It's the first release. Not sure if they will make more." and "I got them as a promo from the distributor. Not sure if they will be regular production or something more unique."

Do you think that Arango would be splitting up 8oz bags and re-tinning stuff as a promo? Personally, I don't think so.

Interesting...perhaps they are...I stand corrected. According to The Briary's FB page: "...it is a attempt to get past impending FDA issues." You would have thought they would at least get the labeling semi-straight! They look shady as all hell. I wonder how that is supposed to get around the impending issues though. Stonehaven was out well before 2007 anyway.

shaven10.jpg

It is possible they are attempting to sell Stonehaven more in tins than bags to make a bigger profit perhaps? The tins are legit, for sure, but it does look a bit rushed. I'm not sure how packaging Stonehaven in tins deals with the FDA stuff, especially since Stonehaven shouldn't be under scrutiny.

Weird..

Square tins, eh? A shame, I have yet to find one that holds a decent seal over time.. Yah, the labels are a bit rough, but so are mine.....

So what's the official word on this? Is it a genuine release from Germain or a re-package? if it's a re-package by some e-tailer I'd be concerned about them doing it properly.

Cheers,

RR

The labels on the tins certainly look like they were just stuck on there but, I remember the 2 oz. tins just like most Esoterica blends came in. But, the 8 oz. bags were much more economical to purchase.......then. :roll:

Brewdude":rwjycelj said:
So what's the official word on this? Is it a genuine release from Germain or a re-package? if it's a re-package by some e-tailer I'd be concerned about them doing it properly.

Cheers,

RR
It's genuine. Most retailers seem to think they are "prototypes" to test the waters. I suspect the next shipment will have better labels.

How can these be legit? My 2 year old son could stick a sticker straighter than that! I don't see how something like that gets overlooked? :scratch:

Ozark Wizard":9j3g8h5e said:
Square tins, eh? A shame, I have yet to find one that holds a decent seal over time.. Yah, the labels are a bit rough, but so are mine.....
I have some Irish and University Flake tins that are 5 YO; an Erinmore Flake tin 8 and 15 YO. The seals look ok. Should I worry?