Stonehaven... finally

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaydeG

Reaction score
I recently got lucky when perusing Cup O Joe's one night and found both Stonehaven and Penzance in stock. Pulled the trigger on both and tonight was my first taste of this blend. I rubbed it out pretty well, let it dry for 30-45 minutes and stuffed it into my Savinelli Trevi... I wasn't disappointed. I'm amazed at how much of a nicotine punch this has (for me at least) yet is still very smooth and flavorful. I don't get any specific taste or notes but it was very enjoyable non the less. Maybe it's my uneducated palate. I'm still relatively new to pipe smoking.

Is this a tobacco I should enjoy while I have it or stash half and put some age on it? Same question for the Penzance and the recent tin of Squadron Leader.
My "go to" tobaccos are Bob's Chocolate Flake, Triple Play and recently, Blue Mountain all in good supply, so I'm in no big rush with the others.

What say you brothers?

I would say to smoke it and enjoy it, but some aging would of course make it much better.