Story of a Hunt for Pipe Dreams

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoolish

Reaction score
We all have that pipe that changed our view of pipes. Some of us know the feeling of hunting and searching and scouring for a particular pipe in a particular finish, maybe even from a particular year.

I have shared my success with my collecting of the Rubens Rhodesian shape with many of you.

11RubensRhodesians2.jpg

I wanted to share with you all a little more about the passion and insanity that goes into collecting a particular shape. I hope you enjoy the story here.

The same to you, You have some nice pipes as well. Its good to know Im not alone in this pipe addiction.

Those thick walled nosewarmers are really cool looking and very functional pipes. Certainly a great example of form following function. ;)

Well done! A very interesting story indeed! I think every pipe smoker and collector has his obsession of sorts: a particular shape, style, pipe maker, Danish pipes, Italian pipes and it goes on. The word obsession usually connotes something negative. However, in this case, I'll take a pipe obsession anytime.

Oh, yes, what a terrific collection! Congratuations!

I'm starting to think that I share your love of this shape. I love the fact that the first one on the left is loaded up and ready to rock'n'roll.

I, too, like the shape. My obsession runs for Caminetto's usually, but I am content with the 14 I have. Very nice collection!