Strike this off my bucket list as complete!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Or Nearly so.......

So, on March 26th, I will be able to cross off my "bucket list" an item which I truly thought would never be attainable.

I will be seeing Willie Nelson in concert! Not only will I get to see Willie Nelson, but Merle Haggard will be joining him. Two of my favorite Country &Western legends together in a small venue (a dance hall /saloon). Willie no longer tours, but only does rare appearances in local small establishments whenever the mood strikes him. I do not believe Merle Haggard tours either. To catch them both on the same night is pure luck. I had to pay handsomely for the tickets, but they are worth it. This is my wife's and my anniversary gift to ourselves. Maybe I will get to shake hands with the legends. Who knows?

I will be representing the brotherhood with a pipe in one hand and a whiskey in the other.

Congrats brother!! Those are two of my favorite singers. You are indeed a luck man, enjoy.

Best Regards
Richard

Fantastic! Willie I can take or leave, but I would give a lot for a chance to see Merle Haggard. Have a great time JP and keep in mind we will be expecting pictures :D
Mike.

Excellent. Both are great performers even to this day.

I saw Willie several years back, maybe 2008 or so and despite playing on a cold night with a bit of a nasty wind chill factor, he peeled off a very nice performance. I caught Merle a couple years ago after he had some sort of major surgery (lungs, I believe) and he sounded perfect. I think you're in for a treat and probably even a contact-high. :p

Your very Lucky sir, I was lucky enough to see Merle back in the 80's but, never Willie.
Enjoy my friend, it'll be well worth it. ;)

Congrats on the wild party....anniversary. Enjoy your time together!

That's outstanding my friend! Happy anniversary to you both and enjoy the show!

I must say I'm pretty jealous. There aren't many acts left on my list to see live, but Willie would be one. He was my grandmother's favorite artists. I spent many hours listening to him as she played his records on her old console stereo.