Stronger snuff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
As I have mentioned I have just started snuffing a couple of weeks ago with a couple of tins of Wilsons - Crumbs of Comfort and Irish High Toast. Yesterday I took delivery of a larger order from Mars including a couple more Wilsons, 4 different Toques, and 2 of the Dutch Windmill.

I like the Dutch Windmill for the very pronounced Latakia tobacco scent. However, I find the Toque's just too mild, although I did get original, one toast and one metholated. The 2 new Wilsons (Aniseed Extra and Tom Buck) are both good.

Obviously it seems that at least right now, my tastes lean toward stronger, finer ground snuffs. Is this something that may pass as I get more experienced, or do some noses just prefer strong snuff forever?

..............................watching intently :face:

I'm not yet a long-time snuffer, but after a year or so of regular snuffing, I still like to mix it up, both in grind and strength.

If I'm going to be snuffing all day (no pipe) I pick a less-strong snuff so I don't overdo it. Otherwise, whatever I feel like.

Excellent selection so far - most of my favorites...

Can't tell you what you'll like down the road, but I bet you'll like these now...

good and strong:
Coffee Bite Dry Snuff
Dholakia Swiss Chocolate
Hedges L260

strong and strong:
Dholakia Sparrow Cool XL
FUBAR Medic Lg

good and orange:
Poschl Ozona Orange

great and apricot :)
Poschl/Gawith Apricot

not an exhaustive list, but should keep you busy for a few weeks :)

I like strong snuffs, if you are looking for a finely ground strong natural snuff give F.U.B.A.R. Snafu Plain a try, it's my daily snuff and about as strong as it gets, I also like the South African snuffs, Taxi Red, NTSU Green & NTSU Black but they are very course, moist and quite strong as well.